is this malpractice? rhinoplasty gone wrong

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nosey

Hello,

I got a rhinoplasty by a surgeon here in SD and it has been several months. It looks OK, except for some slight asymmetry but the problem is, I am having trouble breathing. I sound like Darth Vader or make whistling or strange sounds. I cannot taste or smell very well.

The original doctor said, Oh! You now need a septoplasty and a turbinectomy. I asked Why? He said, now there is not enough room in your nose since the surgery and you have a deviated septum.

He said I can get it done thu my insurance, it will pay for this.Well, I have Kaiser and it won't be free.

Shouldn't he have examined me to see if there was a pre existing supposed condition, or at least ensure that I can BREATHE after the surgery? Who cares what the nose looks like if ya can't use it for breathing!

Does this sound like malpractice? Shouldn't I at least be refunded or reimbursed for the expenses for the surgery I need to have from someone else to enable me to breathe like a human?

This is sad, I have wanted my nose shape corrected since I was in high school and I am in my 40's now. This has been the most expensive purchase I have ever made and now I cannot breathe!

Suggestions? Any feelings about this? It seems wrong!

So basically he created a condition that I did not have before the surgery. He is blowing it off as if to say, Oh well! I also hear a septoplasty is very very painful. Pain is OK but sheesh I did not ask for this, and to take more time off work, more anesthesia, more recovery...more money out of pocket...

He should have known as a professional what to do or not do or whatnot so I could have ended up with a better nose and a functioning nose. I was totally fine before, never had breathing issues in my life, ever.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is something to be discussed between you and your physician. SDN is not for medical OR legal/malpractice advice; please do not post any further requests for help or information.

Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.