Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

is this possible?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mdforlife, Apr 13, 2004.

1. mdforlife

mdforlife Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I have a really cool full time research job.
    Next year I'll be taking orgo chem and bio. I don't want to leave, yet they only need full time. Is it possible to work full time, take only orgo chem and bio and do well in those classes, given that the school I am taking about is IVY?

2. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    yeah. your situation isnt a rare one. many people have succeeded.

there are many people on here who go to top universities and have to do well in class while working ungodly hours along with other ECs...

so be focused and have great time management and i dont see why you cant do well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. liverotcod

liverotcod Lieutenant Crunch
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Yup, you can do it. jlee is right, time management is the key. Don't expect to have any social life.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi, I concure. It is totally possible as long as you leave time to study in the evenings and on weekends.

Good luck.

5. TRUE

TRUE slacker extraordinaire
    7+ Year Member

I worked in a lab about 3 hours a day Monday-Friday, and took 16 points including Orgo I and Physics (and Physics lab), and I made it through with some time to spare. You really have to organize your class schedule well to maximize your free time between classes and you have to take advantage of any free time you do have. With that being said, I wouldn't go overboard and say you can't have a social life. It really depends on you and how productive you can be in your free time.