is this possible?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdforlife

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a really cool full time research job.
Next year I'll be taking orgo chem and bio. I don't want to leave, yet they only need full time. Is it possible to work full time, take only orgo chem and bio and do well in those classes, given that the school I am taking about is IVY?

Members don't see this ad.

yeah. your situation isnt a rare one. many people have succeeded.

there are many people on here who go to top universities and have to do well in class while working ungodly hours along with other ECs...

so be focused and have great time management and i dont see why you cant do well.

Yup, you can do it. jlee is right, time management is the key. Don't expect to have any social life.

Members don't see this ad :)
I worked in a lab about 3 hours a day Monday-Friday, and took 16 points including Orgo I and Physics (and Physics lab), and I made it through with some time to spare. You really have to organize your class schedule well to maximize your free time between classes and you have to take advantage of any free time you do have. With that being said, I wouldn't go overboard and say you can't have a social life. It really depends on you and how productive you can be in your free time.