Is this possible???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

halakkala

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have taken the MCAT last year and I plan on re-writing it. After my exams + 2 week break is over + etc, I will have around 50-55 days to study for the MCAT.

I have been doing VR passages for the last few months and reading a lot.

My plan is to finish content review in ~20 days (I have already studied for the MCAT, so it shouldn't take long right? I have nothing else but to study for the MCAT for the ~50 days (except for a little research + volunteering). I will do 2 lectures of EK 6/7 days of the week and the corresponding EK 1001 questions. I will also do 3-4 VR passages per day.

The next ~30 days, I will do a FL test every other day. I have already finished AAMC, but I still plan on redoing it along with GS tests.

Do you guys think this is possible? I mainly want to improve VR and BS for this MCAT. Just wanted to get other peoples opinions. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi

I have taken the MCAT last year and I plan on re-writing it. After my exams + 2 week break is over + etc, I will have around 50-55 days to study for the MCAT.

I have been doing VR passages for the last few months and reading a lot.

My plan is to finish content review in ~20 days (I have already studied for the MCAT, so it shouldn't take long right? I have nothing else but to study for the MCAT for the ~50 days (except for a little research + volunteering). I will do 2 lectures of EK 6/7 days of the week and the corresponding EK 1001 questions. I will also do 3-4 VR passages per day.

The next ~30 days, I will do a FL test every other day. I have already finished AAMC, but I still plan on redoing it along with GS tests.

Do you guys think this is possible? I mainly want to improve VR and BS for this MCAT. Just wanted to get other peoples opinions. thanks!

It depends, how'd you do the first time around?

Members don't see this ad :)
I did poorly in verbal. I was averaging 12-15 in PS and a bit lower for bio, but wasn't able to perform on the test day. I personally think it is very possible, but just wanted to see what others think about my plans.

Anyone else think I am pushing it? (I have >3.9 GPA and I think i have a good foundation on BS and PS)

I took the MCAT twice. The first time I did the entire content review and my practice tests in 6 days, the second time I did the entire content review and practices in 9 days (so I could take a day and a half off before the test to relax and have just a bit less rushed time otherwise).

Every person has their own study needs, but there are probably people who've done the full review in far shorter times than I did, and my GPA isn't even close to yours :p. I'm giving you my example to show that people can do it in far shorter times than you are planning on, but it's hard to say how much time YOU need. If YOU think it'll work, that's the best evaluation you're going to be able to get since we all need different amounts of time to prepare for different things.

Also, if you are going to retake the full length AAMC tests, just keep in mind that your score is likely to be inflated. Even if you don't consciously remember questions, you're likely to fair better on them the second time around... and you might remember some of them as well. I did the second time I used them, about a year after the first time, and my memory is horrid.