Is this schedule too weird for Fall 2022?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1101318

Howdy y'all!
I'm a freshman, and I'm planning out my degree right now to get all my prerequisites for the MCAT in time for me to take it my junior year. The only problem I have is that I really want to join a student organization on campus that requires a lot of dedication, which is really only active in the fall, but takes around 200~300 hours that single semester. I was thinking of joining this next year, so fall of 2022. Because of this intense time commitment, I reshuffled my schedule to take only 12 credit hours in Fall of 2022. I would be pushing Physics I and II to my junior year, so around the time I planned on taking the MCAT. This also lets me focus more on Organic Chemistry I, since I struggle a bit in chemistry classes.

I tried talking to upperclassmen, and they said that anytime is a bad time to take physics, so I could do whatever, and I thought that was really vague advice. I also contacted the premedical advisor for campus, and she told me to focus on my GPA, which I am trying to by freeing up more time for Organic Chem I.

Here would be my tentative schedule for Fall 2022:
  • Molecular and Cellular Bio
  • Organic Chem I
  • Organic Chem Lab
  • (Major Electives)
...which adds up to 12 hours that semester. Spring 2023 I would go back to taking a normal 15 hour course load, and I would take Psychology over the summer. This pretty much takes care of all the soft prerequisites for the MCAT as well as medical school, except for Physics I and II.

My main question is this: Would I be able to do well on the MCAT while taking Physics I and II that year?
I'm probably just being too uptight, but I really don't have any other ways to get advice, so anything is really appreciated! Thank y'all so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Is your concern that you won't have enough time to study for the MCAT if you are taking physics those two semesters? It sounds like you'll be fine! So long as you are planning on taking the MCAT during the summer between junior and senior year as is typical

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly it might mean you won’t really have to study physics much at all for the MCAT. I took biochemistry right before the MCAT and it made all those questions a breeze for me since it was so fresh.

Reactions: 1 user