Is this substantial enough for a post-interview update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1053887

I was recently informed that a major teaching hospital has asked to include an awarded poem I wrote for a poetry contest to be displayed in an art installation in the hospital.

1. Would this be okay to include in some of my post-interview updates or is this too minor for an update? (While the medical school associated with this hospital hasn't given me an interview yet, I am fortunate to have other interviews, so may this certain medical school look more favorably upon me :xf:)

2. I discussed about poetry in my interview today, so would it be tacky to include this update in the thank you note to remind the interviewer about who I am and what we talked about?

Thanks for everyone's advice, truly appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

1. Kinda minor so wouldn’t hurt but may not impress either. Probably better to talk about it in interviews.

2. Thank you notes are not for that kind of thing. It’s incredibly tacky. Just keep it simple and say thanks.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Ive always thought the post interview note is a nice idea in theory, but in practicality I don’t think is going to make a difference. Aren’t they supposed to evaluate us as the interview goes on, not a week afterwards?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was recently informed that a major teaching hospital has asked to include an awarded poem I wrote for a poetry contest to be displayed in an art installation in the hospital.

1. a. Would this be okay to include in some of my post-interview updates or is this too minor for an update? (While the medical school associated with this hospital hasn't given me an interview yet, I am fortunate to have other interviews, so
b. may this certain medical school look more favorably upon me :xf:)

2. I discussed about poetry in my interview today, so would it be tacky to include this update in the thank you note to remind the interviewer about who I am and what we talked about?
1a) No. It's too minor.
1b) No, it won't make a difference.

2) Stick to a standard Thank You note, not because it will make a difference, but because it's the polite thing to do.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Thanks ya'll, I turned in a standard thank you note last night!

According to former SDN threads, the particular school I just interviewed at reeeeaallly loves thank you notes and even says on their portal that they put it in their evaluation packet for the committee. And apparently if you don't turn one in, it's a waitlist at best? I would have written a thank you note or email regardless though.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks ya'll, I turned in a standard thank you note last night!

According to former SDN threads, the particular school I just interviewed at reeeeaallly loves thank you notes and even says on their portal that they put it in their evaluation packet for the committee. And apparently if you don't turn one in, it's a waitlist at best? I would have written a thank you note or email regardless though.
It's interesting that some schools explicitly tell you not to send thank you notes but others expect them.