is this what we get after dds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docsharma

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,i wanted to ask with you peple who are planning to do dds or into dds.i have completed my dds and now its been over months i am not getting any jobs,not even any call,is this what we get in america,?I have loans and am in debt and when there are literally no jobs around my area,thta so terrifying,i donf understand if dentists are not getting jobs,then what is going to be the situation of other jobs.
I am looking for jobs near la area as i m originally form there,i tried many places but havent got even a single cal yet.its been so hard to get any jobs,i dont know wher and when i will get it.and even the established dentists are having a cut back in the patients,thats y i feel thee are not many jobs in california..if any one has any option,please tell me..thanks for reply..

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
Don't get depressed for not getting the job.Probably you have graduated in the conditions of severe recession of USA.Things will get better.Economy would improve.So don't get depressed.It is happening in all fields in USA right now.......We will pray for you.....:xf:
One more thing is you are far ahead of us who are in the battle of preparing for the exam.Very initial steps right????If we see these kind of posts we will be lost.So please don't post these knid of things in NBDE exams section.Being dentists we don't see many options in other fields..So we have to prepare for the exam and struggle in this battle.If we see that there are no jobs in this field, we feel like why we are preparing for the exams when there are no jobs???
I can totally understand ur situation , but it is better for you to ask senior doctors who are already in jobs.But we are just beginners.It makes us so.........depressed.

Thanks and all the best for ur Job........:thumbup:
Hi,i wanted to ask with you peple who are planning to do dds or into dds.i have completed my dds and now its been over months i am not getting any jobs,not even any call,is this what we get in america,?I have loans and am in debt and when there are literally no jobs around my area,thta so terrifying,i donf understand if dentists are not getting jobs,then what is going to be the situation of other jobs.
I am looking for jobs near la area as i m originally form there,i tried many places but havent got even a single cal yet.its been so hard to get any jobs,i dont know wher and when i will get it.and even the established dentists are having a cut back in the patients,thats y i feel thee are not many jobs in california..if any one has any option,please tell me..thanks for reply..

I totally agree with Dentbaby....We are in very initial phase where we need a lot of motivation and concentration.......especially when we are trying to write the test.........

But Dentbaby, We are supposed to give our best in anything we do and leave the rest to God.....So I hope we are never demotivated from our goals.....

May God help all of us.......

Members don't see this ad :)
i tried to post my feelings so that i might get some help from here,not to depress some one and if u feel depressed, am sorry to say it but thats the reality i am going through now.and bout the westernn dental,they have already cut off their jobs after this dentacal has been disapproved.SO DONT TAKE MY EXPERIENCE PERSONALLY BUT ITS SOMETHING THAT IS GOING DEEPER AND ITS GONA TAKE ATLEAST 6-7 YEARS T O IMPROVE.my dear friend you have to start or just starteed your journey but look at me who has almost completed his journey but havent got the goal.And i m telkling you the harsh facts which no 1 can deny and am letting those people who wana persue their dentistry here but honestly speaking,thers not much to get here indentistry here.
All i request is any 1 who has some contacts,if can help me finding a job,will b gratfull .thanks
Hi,
Don't get depressed for not getting the job.Probably you have graduated in the conditions of severe recession of USA.Things will get better.Economy would improve.So don't get depressed.It is happening in all fields in USA right now.......We will pray for you.....:xf:
One more thing is you are far ahead of us who are in the battle of preparing for the exam.Very initial steps right????If we see these kind of posts we will be lost.So please don't post these knid of things in NBDE exams section.Being dentists we don't see many options in other fields..So we have to prepare for the exam and struggle in this battle.If we see that there are no jobs in this field, we feel like why we are preparing for the exams when there are no jobs???
I can totally understand ur situation , but it is better for you to ask senior doctors who are already in jobs.But we are just beginners.It makes us so.........depressed.

Thanks and all the best for ur Job........:thumbup:

please do keep your suggestions and if any one knows about any job vacancies,please inform here..thanks

guys 395 views and just 6 replies here?please help me in suggesting if some one knows any job options around.

Would you be willing to move to Kansas City area? I know someone in this area is in desperate need for a dentist. The pay is around 120k/year. I am serious. If you are interested, email me at [email protected]

Hey,
Dont lose your heart . As some of 'em are saying you may have to try in areas where they really lack in number. Especially, areas like NC, SC, Virginia etc. In California you might feel lil suffocated becoz even without the proper dental schoolin they get jobs by doin some testin n wud get settled in high paid jobs. Which is really annoyin! Try not to get depressed instead try in some areas which are in real demand. May God bless with you.