Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Is this where transcripts get sent to?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bigchoader, May 11, 2007.

1. bigchoader

bigchoader Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Association of American Medical Colleges
    2450 N Street, NW
    Washington, DC 20037-1126

This is the only amcas address I have run across. Is this the address that transcripts should be sent to?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tredici

tredici Member

Pre-Medical
    on AMCAS there is a "Print Transcript Request Form" option on the main menu that you need to use and give to your registrar for them to include with your transcripts. it has the address on there, and no, the one you found is not the right one.

4. BigRedPremed

BigRedPremed Senior Member

Pre-Medical
    ^^^ What he said. AAMC just confirmed the receipt of my transcript today.

5. bigchoader

bigchoader Guest

Ok, two more questions:

1) What does the 'amount' line on the transcript request form want me to write? (Amount of transcripts? Do I need to have one transcript sent and Amcas will supply it to all the schools or do I need to put the amount of schools I will be applying to because each one gets its own official transcript?)

2) Can these transcript request forms be faxed to the respective registrar offices or is snail mail the only acceptable form of delivery?

Cheers

6. emquiksilver

emquiksilver MD = Doctor of Masochism

1) AMCAS only needs one transcript from each institution you attended. They'll take care of sending copies to schools.

2) You will have to speak with the registrar offices of your schools to find out about their policies regarding transcript requests. Faxing will likely be sufficient but check to make sure.

7. bigchoader

bigchoader Guest

So what does the amount line want? It is right next to the date and signature.

8. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    I think it is the amount of money you had to pay. For instance if you mailed the request to your registrar office and you included money. I left it blank and one of my transcripts have already been matched.