Is UEarth Worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kay5

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking my exam mid-August and was wondering if people found UEarth worth it? I would only have about 1.5 months to use it, and I still have the AAMC Q Packs to go through. I'm just afraid it's not going to be worth the money based on the relatively short amount of time left. Any advice would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

UWorld... I did not use it but wished I had. I think the last 1-2 months before testing the more question you do the better!

UWorld, yes, it absolutely is worth it, but not at the expense of using the AAMC materials if you are pressed for time. Use UWorld under timed, simulated MCAT conditions (2 x 95 minute sections of the MCAT with 59 questions each with a 10 minute break in between). Review each thoroughly to find gaps in content or errors reading graphs etc. If you can go through 4 sections (2 simulated half MCAT) per week, you'll be in good shape. Prioritize PS, CP, and BB.

UPlanet is ideal for just before you start into AAMC, but like Greenduck said, not at the expense of doing AAMC material.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't mean to hijack the thread or anything, but I am also in the same boat. Do you guys think it is worth to get uworld and do it between the FL exams if I have a month left to my exam?

Depends on how you’re doing. One month before mcat I generally recommend only using AAMC materials. That being said UWorld is a good resource but not at the expense of doing the section banks or cars qpacks.

Reactions: 1 users
Depends on how you’re doing. One month before mcat I generally recommend only using AAMC materials. That being said UWorld is a good resource but not at the expense of doing the section banks or cars qpacks.
Thanks! I have about 1 month and 4 days, I plan on finishing the section bank and qpacks within 4 days (I have already completed half of them). The last month I was going to focus on doing FLs and reviewing them and reviewing content, so I was wondering if Uworld would help with that or mess up the "AAMC question mindset" that people talk about. I haven't done so hot on the Section Bank and am pretty nervous if that is representative of the MCAT. I still can't pin at where I am because I used an Altius exam and got 508 and am not sure how representative 3rd party exams are. Do you think if my target is 515 it would be better to review content using Uworld considering I am at a 508 right now?

I don’t really place much faith in 3rd party scores. If you feel iffy on your content or want practice with CP and PS, I would get UWorld and plan on finishing it within 1.5 weeks. I do think it is important to spend the last few weeks to solely focus on AAMC questions and answers. You will find that the AAM is much more precise and exacting than 3rd parties.

Reactions: 1 user
If you need P/S help or more CARS passages, definitely get UWorld. They're pretty helpful for B/B too, although I found some questions over-the-top. If you need something last minute to get C/P up to snuff, buy the TBR chemistry and physics books and pound passages on the days between your FLs.

Reactions: 1 user
If you need P/S help or more CARS passages, definitely get UWorld. They're pretty helpful for B/B too, although I found some questions over-the-top. If you need something last minute to get C/P up to snuff, buy the TBR chemistry and physics books and pound passages on the days between your FLs.

Thanks, I am probably going to do that!