You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
isobaric tetracaine for cesarean?
Started by panetrain
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
tetracaine? haven't seen that stuff in years - your OR actually stocks it? why do you want something so long-acting for OB anyway
Not ideal for OB, but it's what the pharmacy has available.tetracaine? haven't seen that stuff in years - your OR actually stocks it? why do you want something so long-acting for OB anyway
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted162650
Not ideal for OB, but it's what the pharmacy has available.
The level gonna get high enough with isobaric?? I’d be tempted to just place epidurals and use lido - and yes I realize an SAB is a better anesthetic.
D
deleted59964
I’d be telling your pharmacy that stuff is good for eye drops.Anyone using 1% isotonic isobaric tetracaine for cesarean? Our hyperbaric 0.75% bupivacaine is on back order until April.
Sections? Not so much
D
deleted126335
Do you have D10 to turn tetracaine 2% into hyperbaric 1%? That should be fine.
On another note, Anybody know why hyperbaric 5% Lidocaine for spinal disappeared?
On another note, Anybody know why hyperbaric 5% Lidocaine for spinal disappeared?
Tetracaine is crazy (lasts a long ass time). 0.5% bupi is doable. There was a thread about this exact topic recently. Search for it
Do you have D10 to turn tetracaine 2% into hyperbaric 1%? That should be fine.
On another note, Anybody know why hyperbaric 5% Lidocaine for spinal disappeared?
Pretty sure bc it causes TNS
D
deleted126335
Pretty sure bc it causes TNS
Has been known for decades, but was still available. Still used it occasionally for the outpatient that I really wanted to do a spinal on but was willing to accept TNS as the cost of doing business.
tetracaine? haven't seen that stuff in years - your OR actually stocks it? why do you want something so long-acting for OB anyway
If you work in academics...
Mepivacaine fills that role, mostly. Comparable rate of TNS. I used to use it for cerclages.Has been known for decades, but was still available. Still used it occasionally for the outpatient that I really wanted to do a spinal on but was willing to accept TNS as the cost of doing business.
why not spinal chlorprocaine for cerclage?
We use tetracaine for the bilateral knees and that one ortho guy (you know the one. He takes forever, but thinks he's quick).
I dont see why it wouldn't be effective for a section.
I dont see why it wouldn't be effective for a section.
No. No one is doing the crazy thing you describe. Your pharmacy is pathetic.Anyone using 1% isotonic isobaric tetracaine for cesarean? Our hyperbaric 0.75% bupivacaine is on back order until April.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
0.7 heavy bupi and fentanyl work good tooMepivacaine fills that role, mostly. Comparable rate of TNS. I used to use it for cerclages.
D
deleted87051
No. No one is doing the crazy thing you describe. Your pharmacy is pathetic.
Yeah our pharmacy told us they couldn’t get roc for awhile last year. When I asked my buddy at another hospital he replied, “what roc shortage?”
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 568
- Replies
- 152
- Views
- 10K