Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Our nurse manager informed us that due to supply issues we can only obtain regular Isovue (iopamidol), not Isovue-M. Ive only used isovue M during fellowship and first few years of attending. I’ve read that Isovue-M is FDA-approved for intrathecal use, I’ve never had an inadvertent intrathecal injection during an ESI, but it raised the question—does using standard Isovue (without the “M”) pose any significant concern if that were to occur? I saw online that Isovue M undergoes more rigurous monitoring which gives it that extra fda approved indication for intrathecial use.
Again I've never had an intrathecal injection but is there any meaningful difference between Isovue and Isovue-M in the context of epidural steroid injections, and would using regular Isovue use for ESI be considered outside the standard of care?
Would appreciate input from others with more experience docs...aka should i throw a fit that we can't get isovue m.
Again I've never had an intrathecal injection but is there any meaningful difference between Isovue and Isovue-M in the context of epidural steroid injections, and would using regular Isovue use for ESI be considered outside the standard of care?
Would appreciate input from others with more experience docs...aka should i throw a fit that we can't get isovue m.