ISSUE With Prerequisite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OnMyWayThere

OMS-III
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have attended 4 schools due to time restraints and location given that I was working for 50 hours a week. I took one of the Bio pre-reqs at a 5th institution to find that I didn't learn enough. I am now taking it over at my 4yr University.

I got an A in the school that I didn't learn much - but I don't want to put it in my application. Do you think that'll cause a problem or should I just add another institution and list this one A in a course I am retaking?

It just seems like it looks bad taking it over and attending 5 schools.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should probably list all 5 schools--you don't want to get caught withholding information or anything like that. Besides, you got an A in the course! If anyone asks at interviews why you retook it, it only makes you look good when you say that you didn't feel you learned enough--it demonstrates that you are serious about learning the material, not merely boosting your GPA. I doubt that the number of schools you list is going to make much of a difference, as long as you get all your pre-reqs done and get a degree. Good luck! :)

if schools find that you've withheld information on your application, you can be expelled.

everyone's nailed it on the head - do NOT lie. AMCAS will get angry!!! yes, it's a pain in the arse to deal with 5 schools, but it'd be much worse to get caught in the lie somehow.