• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

OnMyWayThere

OMS-III
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2003
The best coast (west coast)
Status (Visible)
I have attended 4 schools due to time restraints and location given that I was working for 50 hours a week. I took one of the Bio pre-reqs at a 5th institution to find that I didn't learn enough. I am now taking it over at my 4yr University.

I got an A in the school that I didn't learn much - but I don't want to put it in my application. Do you think that'll cause a problem or should I just add another institution and list this one A in a course I am retaking?

It just seems like it looks bad taking it over and attending 5 schools.

evenstar

sausage monkey
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2003
The Great Northwest
Status (Visible)
I think you should probably list all 5 schools--you don't want to get caught withholding information or anything like that. Besides, you got an A in the course! If anyone asks at interviews why you retook it, it only makes you look good when you say that you didn't feel you learned enough--it demonstrates that you are serious about learning the material, not merely boosting your GPA. I doubt that the number of schools you list is going to make much of a difference, as long as you get all your pre-reqs done and get a degree. Good luck! :)

mlw03

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
Canada
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
everyone's nailed it on the head - do NOT lie. AMCAS will get angry!!! yes, it's a pain in the arse to deal with 5 schools, but it'd be much worse to get caught in the lie somehow.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.