Issues in Pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shorteeee

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are some current issues in Pharmacy? For my pharmacy internship, I need to write a research paper on a current issues on pharmacy with 10 references. Any ideas out there? :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, brutal.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are some current issues in Pharmacy? For my pharmacy internship, I need to write a research paper on a current issues on pharmacy with 10 references. Any ideas out there? :laugh:

Try searching the forums - as I recall, there was an extensive thread on this maybe a month or two ago.

go to the pharmacy forum and use the search function....I'm pretty sure you can find lots of issues...go out and find the issues, instead of letting others tell you..

Perhaps:

-Fraud/waste/abuse within pharmacies.
-HIPAA.
-Increasing role of pharmacist in primary care for a patient.

Check out the pharmacy association websites such as American Pharmacists Association, American Society of Health System Pharmacists, well here is a link with the listings http://www.pharmacy.org/association.html; they always show the current news in pharmacy both federal, state, regulatory, etc.

Good luck!

I worked for AdvancePCS (which was bought out by Caremark) for almost 4 years and HIPAA is a big issue.

Perhaps:

-Fraud/waste/abuse within pharmacies.
-HIPAA.
-Increasing role of pharmacist in primary care for a patient.