It actually feels good

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrDarwin

Naturally selected
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have given up hope of hearing from any school that has yet to contact me. Although even presumptive rejections are disappointing, I feel so much better because I am no longer a slave to my email. Does anyone share my bittersweet relief?

Members don't see this ad.

In a way. I got into my first choice state school and I haven't heard back from ANY other school re: interviews, acceptances. I know where I'm going so I too no longer check email/mailbox religiously.

DrDarwin said:
I have given up hope of hearing from any school that has yet to contact me. Although even presumptive rejections are disappointing, I feel so much better because I am no longer a slave to my email. Does anyone share my bittersweet relief?

DrDarwin said:

i gave up hearing back from most of those schools a while ago. It's funny thinking how i used to check my e-mail and pre-allo every 5 mintues. Now I rarely check pre-allo and i check my e-mail twice a day. It's great :D

Members don't see this ad :)
tinkerbelle said:
i gave up hearing back from most of those schools a while ago. It's funny thinking how i used to check my e-mail and pre-allo every 5 mintues. Now I rarely check pre-allo and i check my e-mail twice a day. It's great :D

I was complete quite late at most schools (i.e., Dec or later), so I held out hope for a while. I don't really care now, though, because I have had (or will be having shortly) interviews at some very good schools. Let the cards fall as they may.

DrDarwin said:

i do. in fact, when i saw the subject "it actually feels good" i knew this was what you were going mention. i totally agree. just send the rejection already. i'm tired of waiting........

myodana said:
i do. in fact, when i saw the subject "it actually feels good" i knew this was what you were going mention. i totally agree. just send the rejection already. i'm tired of waiting........

Another benefit of this viewpoint is that any news from these schools before March is now necessarily good news, while any bad news during March is not disappointing because it is expected. It's really a win-win situation :D.

Couldn't agree more. I hvae heard from NO ONE (with a couple rejection exceptions) even though I was complete in September. How can I possibly be good enough to not reject almost anywhere, even yet, and yet not be good enough to interview SOMEWHERE????

Anyway, about 2 weeks ago, I made the similar mental switch and I am SO much less stressed. Now I can focus on what to do next.

I had a mini-freakout the week all the top schools were sending out their last interview invites, but since then I've just stopped caring. I'm in coast mode until March, and I am so much less stressed it's ridiculous. I hope I can stay in my happy place for at least a few more weeks!

Wiggy73 said:
I had a mini-freakout the week all the top schools were sending out their last interview invites, but since then I've just stopped caring. I'm in coast mode until March, and I am so much less stressed it's ridiculous. I hope I can stay in my happy place for at least a few more weeks!

If your stats are real, I don't know whether to worship you or fear you....

Wiggy73 said:

i just checked out your profile. if you're not accepted this year, then something is horribly wrong with this world. good luck! :luck:

Cherebourg said:
If your stats are real, I don't know whether to worship you or fear you....
Why not both? :D

Don't give up hope just yet folks, I was a part of this club until today. I just got my first interview invite at Michigan for March. I'm pretty happy to say the least, but I've got handful of Cali schools to hear back from. Or should I just start mentaling ignoring them......

Kownell said:
Don't give up hope just yet folks, I was a part of this club until today. I just got my first interview invite at Michigan for March. I'm pretty happy to say the least, but I've got handful of Cali schools to hear back from. Or should I just start mentaling ignoring them......

Congrats on your interview! Whoohoo!

I, too, am about to join the club - but my stubborn side won't quite let me do so yet. I'm waiting to hear from Cornell (HEL?! LO?!), Stanford and Tufts. Since Tufts and Stanford interview relatively late, I'm still keepin' the faith. I'll be about done with Cornell though by Friday. Because, well, let's be honest here, people.

So...the initiation will begin on Friday. Totally promise. For real. Then I'm officially a member. :) (And then maybe I can actually get some work done at work. Instead of checking email and SDN 3 times/minute)

I figured I wasn't going to hear back from schools that haven't contacted me since I turned in my secondaries in September... But Vermont just invited me for an interview. I'll be declining that interview, so if you are waiting to hear from them, you might get an invite sometime soon.

i'm in this club too. i sometimes go 2 or 3 days now without even checking my email.

today i had a letter in the mail from rosalind franklin and though, whoa, no way...some love from chicago? but alas, it was a brochure and letter from their advanced physiology program or some crap like that. boooooh :thumbdown:

I quit caring a while ago. Stopped compulsively checking email and mail, it felt good. The next day, I was OCD again. No, no, no, no need to worry. So I stopped caring. OCD again. Every morning I say to myself, Don't worry, just wait til March. But I still check every chance I get. What can I say? :oops:

I figure in six months I can obsess about studying. Should be great! :D

Mr. Seeds said:
I figured I wasn't going to hear back from schools that haven't contacted me since I turned in my secondaries in September... But Vermont just invited me for an interview. I'll be declining that interview, so if you are waiting to hear from them, you might get an invite sometime soon.

Ooh, ooh, I'll take the Vermont interview! You can PM it to me, ok? ;)

I can't wait until the NRMP match when we are all in MS4. That's going to be great. No waiting around, wondering if each school is looking at your application at a particular moment. No rolling/non-rolling. It's all announced on match day. One day. That's it.