americanbella78

15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2002
New York
Visit site
Status
Hello everyone....I am currently a MSII looking into rotation sites for next year. I am considering doing a pediatrics rotation in Torino Italy. Has anyone been to Italy for rotations? I am just wondering if anyone knows ways in which I can get funds $ to go oversees (eg. scholarships etc) ....Please reply ASAP
THANKS

wendy
LECOM MSII

robin1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2002
Visit site
Status
My British cousin did an elective there after her fourth year exam. Since an overseas elective is the norm for medical schools in the UK I think her med school already had a pre-arranged agreement with an Italian hospital for student exchange.

Since they probably send students to the same hospital in Italy every year I assume the medical school took care of setting up everything with the exception of travel expenses. Since it's all within the EU I guess maybe the paperwork hassle may be less than someone coming from an American med school.

I'll try and see what I can find out for you.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads