ITE avarage score for PGY1 last year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applicant2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

the average this year is 143 for PGY1s, does any one remember what was the average for last year?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you are worried that these are correlated with ability to pass the boards, let me reassure you they are not for the most part. My scores were 146 as an intern (about average), 171 as a PGY2 (above average), and 153 as a PGY3 (way below average). I did not study before any of these exams and I took them while on a variety of rotations/amount of sleep deprivation. I studied on/off throughout my 3rd year starting with Christmas break whenever I could and then took a 2 week vacation during a busy fellowship to study and I scored over a 200 on the real exam. If you scored well below the average (in the low 100s) or failed any of the USMLE exams or just passed, then I would worry and you should develop a study plan starting your intern year.

Also, your PGY-1 score doesn't mean much, given that you take the exam less than a month into intern year. It reflects your Med School knowledge more than anything else. And most people have a significant jump between intern year and second year.