It's not fair lol

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not a subpar applicant because of your scores. You’re a subpar applicant because of your attitude. Sorry, but the way you are able to articulate your personality is as important as stats.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
At this rate, people might as well scrap GPA for medical school admissions. I could've tanked all four years and then scored a 525 to get me into medical school.
The AAMC has released gpa vs MCAT that says there is a stronger correlation for successes with the MCAT rather than GPA.

Reactions: 2 users
Saying that a 3.5 gpa doesn't constitute a smart student is kinda like saying a 508 doesn't either..... some people perform better in different places. I tend to see test performance being weighted higher as there is a significantly higher amount of those than assignments.
It's also like getting into college- your ACT/SAT is higher weighted than GPA because school GPA varies so much, but the ACT/SAT is standardized so it puts everyone on an even playing field.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Saying that a 3.5 gpa doesn't constitute a smart student is kinda like saying a 508 doesn't either..... some people perform better in different places. I tend to see test performance being weighted higher as there is a significantly higher amount of those than assignments.
It's also like getting into college- your ACT/SAT is higher weighted than GPA because school GPA varies so much, but the ACT/SAT is standardized so it puts everyone on an even playing field.

Does it even matter? The fact is this guy needs to focus less on others and more on what HE can do to get in. He STILL stands a good chance of going to medical school, but he needs to drop this attitude.

After you get in, it will be all about how efficient you are at absorbing the material. And even more so, whether people want to work with you. If people don't want to work with you, you are DONE. Doesn't matter what your scores are. Doesn't matter what the prestige of your school is. You are dead. There hasn't been a SINGLE positive response to his complaining in his thread. That is evidence that this type of attitude places him at high risk for being in the group where people don't want to interact with this individual.

It's a lot more than just test scores and knowledge, although those are the base from who you should build yourself upon. It's also about who the doctor is.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.