It’s official job growth 2019-2029 -3% RUN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Job market was holding up until 2019, now it's in free fall. $62 an hour 4 years ago, people being offered $45-50 now. Don't expect to work more than 30 hours a week unless you are pharmacy manager.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad

I’ll just leave this here. Don’t go into pharmacy it’s a projected -3% job growth in an already saturated field. Bad news for salaries and working conditions.
Oh my. I remember before when it was 0. Now it's negative? With 15,000 new grads a year I think soon it will get MUCH worse. I think the next time they update it will be around -15% growth.
 
Job market was holding up until 2019, now it's in free fall. $62 an hour 4 years ago, people being offered $45-50 now. Don't expect to work more than 30 hours a week unless you are pharmacy manager.
The free fall hasn't really started yet. I am expecting new offers for 2022 to be in the mid 30's for pharmacists. It's just supply and demand. Hopefully they don't drop below 30 then there will be some pharm. techs making more than pharmD's with lower education!