-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
It's the 24th...
Started by buffywannabe
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Haha I don't know!! I guess AMCAS never said when on the 24th they'd send our apps to schools. I was under the impression that I'd get at least a couple of secondary emails today with this schools that just send out an automated invite to everyone they get a primary from.
I actually do think it happened. It says this on my amcas:
Application has been made available to the designated medical schools.
Application has been made available to the designated medical schools.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it said that on mine right after it was verified...which was over 10 days ago.I actually do think it happened. It says this on my amcas:
Application has been made available to the designated medical schools.
it said that on mine right after it was verified...which was over 10 days ago.
yeah me too.
patience, peeps! i, for one, am enjoying this quiet, secondary-less time. 🙂
If all the medical schools got the files in a huge bunch, they may still be trying to sort them all out before sending secondaries.
Don't rush it folks! All the fun essay-writing and money spending will soon be upon us.
Don't rush it folks! All the fun essay-writing and money spending will soon be upon us.

If all the medical schools got the files in a huge bunch, they may still be trying to sort them all out before sending secondaries.
Don't rush it folks! All the fun essay-writing and money spending will soon be upon us.![]()
Well they won't get actual files, so if their system is automated and they don't screen for seconaries, then their computer system should very quickly be able to get our emails and send out the secondaries. I don't think that requires hardly any time on the medical schools' part, because the computers will take care of it.
I love SDN for these types of threads, now I can know when the first secondaries are coming out...
Well they won't get actual files, so if their system is automated and they don't screen for seconaries, then their computer system should very quickly be able to get our emails and send out the secondaries. I don't think that requires hardly any time on the medical schools' part, because the computers will take care of it.
I love SDN for these types of threads, now I can know when the first secondaries are coming out...
the first ones are already out. Dartmouth sent an e-mail out yesterday...dunno how they got everything a day early, but yea, some people have already submitted it.
My inbox filled with secondaries from all the Top 20 schools shortly after 8 AM this morning.
I guess the rest of you got screened?
Boo, dirty tricks.
Hooray, beer!
My inbox filled with secondaries from all the Top 20 schools shortly after 8 AM this morning.
I guess the rest of you got screened?
😱 👍
Well they won't get actual files, so if their system is automated and they don't screen for seconaries, then their computer system should very quickly be able to get our emails and send out the secondaries. I don't think that requires hardly any time on the medical schools' part, because the computers will take care of it.
I love SDN for these types of threads, now I can know when the first secondaries are coming out...
Well I didn't mean literal paper files, but I assumed they got something similar to the electronic copy of our application that we can get in .pdf format from our AMCAS application.
Maybe everyone just slept in today knowing that we would all be watching email like hawks?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you guys do realize that they don't all come on the first day right?
you guys are gonna get so neurotic when the schools take 4 weeks just to mark you complete and 2 months to invite you for an interview and months for decisions and then half years for waitlists
you guys are gonna get so neurotic when the schools take 4 weeks just to mark you complete and 2 months to invite you for an interview and months for decisions and then half years for waitlists
you guys do realize that they don't all come on the first day right?
you guys are gonna get so neurotic when the schools take 4 weeks just to mark you complete and 2 months to invite you for an interview and months for decisions and then half years for waitlists
U Mich is indicating they've received no applications yet. Whether they mean primary or secondary, I don't know.
.
Last edited:
Let's just relax, people.
We are relaxed, just more excited than neurotic cause moving on to next step!
Well I didn't mean literal paper files, but I assumed they got something similar to the electronic copy of our application that we can get in .pdf format from our AMCAS application.
I sort of figured you didn't mean actual paper files. The one interaction I had with an ADCOM made it seem like they get the applications in a more interactive format, and that their system even reorganizes it for them somehow. Actually, the reorganizing part is based on an assumption on my part based on something she said, so it might not be true.
you guys do realize that they don't all come on the first day right?
you guys are gonna get so neurotic when the schools take 4 weeks just to mark you complete and 2 months to invite you for an interview and months for decisions and then half years for waitlists
I know they don't ALL come out the first day, but I was hoping for at least one to get started on. Heck, I'd be happy if it was just a fee request, I just want to feel like this process is moving forward after sitting around waiting for like 3 weeks.
As for neurotic, many of us are already there...😀
haha you guys are neurotic...
the first thing i did when i woke up today was check my email, no secondaries yet 🙁
the first thing i did when i woke up today was check my email, no secondaries yet 🙁
lol i did the same...its pathetic.........haha you guys are neurotic...
the first thing i did when i woke up today was check my email, no secondaries yet 🙁
. Honestly if you are on SDN you are neurotic...you wouldnt be here if you werent 🙂haha you guys are neurotic...
the first thing i did when i woke up today was check my email, no secondaries yet 🙁
Me too.
lol i did the same...its pathetic.......... Honestly if you are on SDN you are neurotic...you wouldnt be here if you werent 🙂
👍 agreed
When I applied two years ago, I didn't get the vast majority of my secondaries until July. I think I got 2 in June, one of which was available before apps were sent to schools.
Relax people. You're in for a long wait.
Relax people. You're in for a long wait.
When I applied two years ago, I didn't get the vast majority of my secondaries until July. I think I got 2 in June, one of which was available before apps were sent to schools.
Relax people. You're in for a long wait.
I got one before AMCAS submitted apps today. Hopefully, the other one comes today.😀
People, chill!
People, chill!
![]()
I dont think anyone is freaking out, just want to start the process! 🙂
My inbox filled with secondaries from all the Top 20 schools shortly after 8 AM this morning.
I guess the rest of you got screened?
man you are on a roll Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This process is in control of you for those that have been verified. Go have a summer, the secondaries will come eventually. Schools are still finalizing the Class of 2013 and will continue so until the week before classes begin.
haha you guys are neurotic...
the first thing i did when i woke up today was check my email, no secondaries yet 🙁
lol i did the same...its pathetic.......... Honestly if you are on SDN you are neurotic...you wouldnt be here if you werent 🙂
Me too.
wait... you guys don't check your email immediately after getting up? 'cause i do that irrespective of app season.
My inbox filled with secondaries from all the Top 20 schools shortly after 8 AM this morning.
I guess the rest of you got screened?
SO MUCH WIN
wait... you guys don't check your email immediately after getting up? 'cause i do that irrespective of app season.
Nah, I come to SDN first.🙁🙁
Nah, I come to SDN first.🙁🙁
oh lord, please tell me you're joking. i do: gmail, work email, nytimes, facebook, SDN.
oh lord, please tell me you're joking. i do: gmail, work email, nytimes, facebook, SDN.
I do SDN, SDN, SDN, SDN, then e-mail, then nytimes. And then SDN, SDN, etc.

Waiting on someone to post that they called all of the schools they applied to.....
I feel like a kid on christmas morning who got a lump of coal. I want my secondaries! 

lol i just want them soon🙁...the next few weeks i have a lot of free time but after that....its all downhill.I feel like a kid on christmas morning who got a lump of coal. I want my secondaries!![]()
June 24th...
Q: My application has been verified (...made available to designated med schools). But, I have not taken MCAT yet (LOR still pending). I assume I won't get the secondaries until MCAT and LORs, right????
So, I can relax or be neurotic???lol
I think you can still get secondaries, you just won't be complete until they receive your MCAT and LORs.
as long as they get your primary (and dont do a screen) you will get a secondary. Schools taht screen will wait until you get the mcat, and you cant be complete until lors come in.June 24th...
Q: My application has been verified (...made available to designated med schools). But, I have not taken MCAT yet (LOR still pending). I assume I won't get the secondaries until MCAT and LORs, right????
So, I can relax or be neurotic???lol
I heard in previous years MCW sends them out on the first day. I was really hoping to complete that one today. 🙁
So much of my work day spent checking SDN. Now it looks like we are out of luck for receiving secondaries today🙁
? it's only 3:00!
but seriously, i'm totally down with an extra few days of this marvelous break i've let myself have 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
? it's only 3:00!
but seriously, i'm totally down with an extra few days of this marvelous break i've let myself have 😛
It's not really a break anymore, because I'm constantly waiting.
Thank god I received a secondary yesterday. Feels like I did something.
It's not really a break anymore, because I'm constantly waiting.
👍 I'm sick of waiting.
It's not really a break anymore, because I'm constantly waiting.
Thank god I received a secondary yesterday. Feels like I did something.
nah, i'm cool with the chilling. i may check SDN constantly, but i'm feeling pretty laid-back about this whole process right now. we're all gonna be fine

nah, i'm cool with the chilling. i may check SDN constantly, but i'm feeling pretty laid-back about this whole process right now. we're all gonna be fine![]()
I like your attitude.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 254
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 593