-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
It's the 24th...
Started by buffywannabe
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yeah just got GW's, doesn't look too bad but the secondary fee is steep.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you guys sure they were actually sent out, and not just that short blurb of contact information that I have heard mentioned by people that sometimes get sent out before the application?
I only received GW, and here is what makes me suspicious "
We have received your preliminary AMCAS information"...preliminary AMCAS information?
For people who received from other schools, anything to suggest they have our applications in full? I would have expected to receive an email from AMCAS when this happened...
I only received GW, and here is what makes me suspicious "
We have received your preliminary AMCAS information"...preliminary AMCAS information?
For people who received from other schools, anything to suggest they have our applications in full? I would have expected to receive an email from AMCAS when this happened...
Are you guys sure they were actually sent out, and not just that short blurb of contact information that I have heard mentioned by people that sometimes get sent out before the application?
I only received GW, and here is what makes me suspicious "
We have received your preliminary AMCAS information"...preliminary AMCAS information?
For people who received from other schools, anything to suggest they have our applications in full? I would have expected to receive an email from AMCAS when this happened...
Here is what my email from UTHSC said. It looks to me like they got the whole application.
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
College of Medicine-Admissions Office
910 Madison Avenue, Ste. 500
Memphis TN 38163
Phone: (901) 448-5559
Fax No. (901) 448-1740
Dear Student:
I am writing to apprise you that we have received your AMCAS application and it is currently under review. Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis and applicants are notified accordingly. For additional information regarding admission, please visit our website:
www.utmem.edu/Medicine/Admissions
We appreciate your interest in The University of Tennessee Health Science Center-College of Medicine.
Best wishes,
Nelson Strother
Assistant Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs
We received information from the American Medical College Application Services (AMCAS) that you have applied to the College of Medicine at The Ohio State University.
Maybe they didn't send out the whole app yet...
Maybe they didn't send out the whole app yet...
I am writing to apprise you that we have received your AMCAS application and it is currently under review.
Hm, maybe they did. I am just surprised no MCW yet.
But Buffy's post puts doubt back in me.
Are you guys sure they were actually sent out, and not just that short blurb of contact information that I have heard mentioned by people that sometimes get sent out before the application?
I only received GW, and here is what makes me suspicious "
We have received your preliminary AMCAS information"...preliminary AMCAS information?
For people who received from other schools, anything to suggest they have our applications in full? I would have expected to receive an email from AMCAS when this happened...
they have your AMCAS. they just say it in a weird way. relax.
No GW for me yet either 🙁
just out of curiosity, since you guys are all already receiving secondaries, about when did you guys submit you amcas primary app
6/3just out of curiosity, since you guys are all already receiving secondaries, about when did you guys submit you amcas primary app
just out of curiosity, since you guys are all already receiving secondaries, about when did you guys submit you amcas primary app
6/2. but that doesn't matter. if you were verified any time before yesterday, you'll be in the first wave of apps that the schools get since no apps were sent to schools before 6/24.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
6/2 yo
6/2 for me also
D
Dantheman52188
I have recieved a confirmation from UMDNJ, Robert Wood Johnson Med, but not GW yet. My amcas was verified on 6/15 I think?
I got MCW's!!!!!!!!! 😍
Last edited:
relax, everyone! i know nothing about computers, but i'm guessing even the best servers in the universe couldn't sent an email to 13,000 people all at once.
everyone just take a deep breath. okay.
Easy for you to say.

So far I get Dartmouth, Columbia and WashU's secondary invites. How about you guys?
got medical college of Wisconsin anyone know if they screen for secondaries j/w
Easy for you to say.![]()
😕😕 i haven't gotten all the emails mentioned on here, so i'm waiting just like everyone else. well, not just like everyone else, because i'm feeling pretty patient and relaxed 😛
nope everyone gets it.got medical college of Wisconsin anyone know if they screen for secondaries j/w
I dont think i know how to relax..what nowrelax, everyone! i know nothing about computers, but i'm guessing even the best servers in the universe couldn't sent an email to 13,000 people all at once.
everyone just take a deep breath. okay.
So far I get Dartmouth, Columbia and WashU's secondary invites. How about you guys?
Yeah, I got WashU's and UR's.
I especially like UR: "Is there anyone we might offend by not considering you know them during this process?" and pay up now please.
Of course this is a slight paraphrase😉
Yay secondaries without essays!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
they are rolling in.🙂
And GW is in.
I have a question: do we have to submit LORs together with the secondaries? I received 4 LORs but am still waiting for 2... I don't want these 2 freaking letters to hold me back...It seems like it will take forever for me to receive these 2 letters.😱
You have to submit lors to amcas for almost every school. You can turn in any secondary w/o LORs, but it wont be complete until the LORs are recieved or on amcas.I have a question: do we have to submit LORs together with the secondaries? I received 4 LORs but am still waiting for 2... I don't want these 2 freaking letters to hold me back...It seems like it will take forever for me to receive these 2 letters.😱
UChicago just sent me theirs--I'm as of yet unverified.
From what I can tell, same as last year
Why the **** is it that I have been verified and UChicago hasn't sent me that email? Argh! They don't even have my name in their system. I am assuming they did not download all the forms today. I'll be mad pissed if they delayed my app. Has anyone been verified, is applying to Pritzker but as of now hasn't received the email?
Why the **** is it that I have been verified and UChicago hasn't sent me that email? Argh! They don't even have my name in their system. I am assuming they did not download all the forms today. I'll be mad pissed if they delayed my app. Has anyone been verified, is applying to Pritzker but as of now hasn't received the email?
i'm verified and i applied there but haven't gotten anything from them yet.
got medical college of Wisconsin anyone know if they screen for secondaries j/w
I haven't yet 🙁
They don't screen.
Why the **** is it that I have been verified and UChicago hasn't sent me that email? Argh! They don't even have my name in their system. I am assuming they did not download all the forms today. I'll be mad pissed if they delayed my app. Has anyone been verified, is applying to Pritzker but as of now hasn't received the email?
Hmm. I'm not verified yet, but I still got the UChicago secondary. Not sure why things are the way they are.
...I got OSU's and GW's today...sent OSU's off...working on the GW one now...
...I got OSU's and GW's today...sent OSU's off...working on the GW one now...
I'm almost done with OSU. Are you using full 600 words for each? I didn't. I didn't realize how long 600 words were.
No way, Jose. 400 for the first one, 200 for the second. My life has not been and will not be interesting enough for 600 words.I'm almost done with OSU. Are you using full 600 words for each? I didn't. I didn't realize how long 600 words were.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got all of mine turned around today 😉
Now for the tough ones 👍
Now for the tough ones 👍
I'm almost done with OSU. Are you using full 600 words for each? I didn't. I didn't realize how long 600 words were.
Just about. Each of my essays were over 500 words each, however, I'm also a non-traditional applicant and a writer at heart. I've had several experiences to pull from and lots of time to envision what a life 10 years from now would/should look like. Chugging out quality narratives in 600 words or less is easy for me....Also, thank goodness the prompts were available to play around with. I've actually had OSU's done for a couple weeks now. Yesterday was just a matter of pressing "submit".
My advice: First, over-expound on the prompt. Second, edit to the required limit. Third, proofread. Fourth, let someone else read it. Fifth, edit and proofread again. Finally, Submit.
Good luck!
Got my secondary from Florida State yesterday. Should go out sometime today. I should note that I have not yet taken the MCAT (scheduled for July 2nd), so that's probably not a factor in their selection for who gets secondaries (since they send them to screened applicants rather than to everyone).
Why the **** is it that I have been verified and UChicago hasn't sent me that email? Argh! They don't even have my name in their system. I am assuming they did not download all the forms today. I'll be mad pissed if they delayed my app. Has anyone been verified, is applying to Pritzker but as of now hasn't received the email?
I'm verified, but haven't received anything from Chicago yet. They send everyone a secondary, so I wouldn't worry much about it...that's what I keep telling myself, at least.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 256
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 597