IU vs. ICO vs. SCO vs. SCCO vs. NECO vs UAB vs. PCO vs NOVA vs. SUNY

Started by eyestrain
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Well, you left out a couple. Would Berkeley be UCB or Cal? I like Cal but I suppose it isn't really an acronym.

University of Houston College of Optometry's acronym, UHCO, is kind of onomotpoeic and sounds(looks?) like a sneeze.
The College of Optometry at Pacific University also has PU. I think I'm torn between sneezy UHCO and smelly PU for best acronym.


I do want to warn potential optometry students that any such ranking system such as this is generally not a good guide for selecting schools to apply to. Each person should focus beyond the superficial attributes of each school and decide for him/herself whether or not the school the school fits them. Since I already have blue-and-gold University of California (Irvine) apparel, and will probably get a nifty UC-blue-&-gold diploma frame, I think UCB would be a perfect fit for me; I can have color matched diplomas in my office one day! Perhaps you're a passionate person or just have a red-dyed hair; UHCO may be the choice for you. If you don't have allergy problems, then PU.
 
I like SUNY only b/c it sounds warm --- even though it's not!

So funny:laugh: