IUHS medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sukhand

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Friends, I am a dentist and wish to pursue a career in maxillofacial surgery in the UK. The requirements for such training are a basic dental and medical degree and then surgical training in the field of maxillofacial surgery.

I have been accepted to study medicine for the advanced standing course at International University of Health Sciences (IUHS, St Kitts) and American International School of Medicine (AISM, Guyana) both offer clinical rotations at the UK Nhs hospitals.

Are these universities any good to study medicine and will I be able to take PLAB exam? How good and reliable are the clinical rotations?
If anyone can tell me anything I would so appreciate it. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

contact the folks at GMC,your medical licensing board in London. I believe you'll find that IUHS/UHSA's distance learning programs aren't recognized. You should contemplate going to a real medical school.

http://www.gmc-uk.org/med_ed/default.htm

Approved Medical Schools in the UK

A list of schools offering medical degrees leading to a primary medical qualification and registration with the GMC is listed on our website. Sometimes we get queries about UK based schools, which are under the remit of an overseas university, for example Medical College London and St Christopher?s.

Such queries should be passed to the Head of Registration Martin Holt [email protected].

No need to start a new thread I'll just hijack this one. ;)

Does anyone have any new information about this school?
Last year they ran an add in a medtech magazine advertising a MT to MD program.
Sounded strange to me. I have a colleague who was interested until I showed her this thread from ValueMD.com
http://www.valuemd.com/international-university-health-sciences-iuhs/158630-iuhs-licensing.html (foolishness)

I'm VERY interested in the format of the online teaching method they are utilizing as I am looking into teaching core medical sciences in the future.