IUPUI & Cadaver Labs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ktadd08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to IUPUI in the past - and knows when they heard back from them last year?

Also - for current/past OT students - did your program offer a cadaver lab? If so, do you think it should be a deciding factor in choosing a school? I'm deciding between two different schools and one of the major differences is that one has an intense semester-long cadaver lab and the other one does not. Should this be a deciding factor for me?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you're saying you might decide against the school simply because you'd have to do a cadaver lab, don't...it's a really rewarding experience.

If, on the other hand, you're deciding against the other school because it doesn't have a cadaver lab, I'd say that there are more important factors to base your choice on.

Johann,

It was the second one - I've heard that a cadaver lab is a really great experience for OTs, so I was wondering how big of a Con I should make that for IUPUI not having it as part of the curriculum.

Thanks for your reply!

Members don't see this ad :)
am also interested in hearing about experiences applying for iupui as i'm an indy resident and looking at applying for the program this fall. anyone anyone?

am also interested in hearing about experiences applying for iupui as i'm an indy resident and looking at applying for the program this fall. anyone anyone?
I just want to say that IUPUI takes mostly Indy residents and, based on their accepted applicant profile, the GPA is very high in the 3.8 range. I decided not to apply there since I'm not an indy resident and don't have such high GPA. Good luck!