IV Compatibility Resource

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Our pharmacy is so low tech...we just have a Trissel's book that we use to look stuff up.

I remember that Micromedex had a good compatibility checker also. If we had Micromedex here, I would probably use that.

I remember that Micromedex had a good compatibility checker also. If we had Micromedex here, I would probably use that.

That is the electronic version of Trissels. And yes, that is THE reference book on IV compatibility. Kings guide is another, which is what Lexi comp uses, but I always go with the former, which seems to have more compatibility info.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is the electronic version of Trissels. And yes, that is THE reference book on IV compatibility. Kings guide is another, which is what Lexi comp uses, but I always go with the former, which seems to have more compatibility info.

Yep, the electronic version of Trissels on Micromedex. The best way to go... that I know of.

We also use the electronic version of Trissels. In addition, my hospital is a big research/academic institution; so we also have a published parenteral and enteral nutrition manual which contains tons of info for IV compatibility with TPN, TNA and/or Lipids.

Sweet. I guess I liked it so much better on micromedex because you could easily click through to what you were looking for. I'm not really into having to look stuff up in actual books, but they are easier for the hospital to afford.