I've only taken the Comlex exams (1, 2, and 3)....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LiveStrong

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
And want to take the American Board of Family Medicine Licensing exam (not the American Board of Osteopathic Family Medicine Exam). Will this be a problem?
Also, how long does it take to get your scores from the Comlex 3 exam back?

Members don't see this ad.

And want to take the American Board of Family Medicine Licensing exam (not the American Board of Osteopathic Family Medicine Exam). Will this be a problem?
Also, how long does it take to get your scores from the Comlex 3 exam back?

If you're in an ACGME FM program, I do not believe this will be a problem, but if you're in an AOA program, I'm not sure how this will work. There are many people who have gone into ACGME residencies and taken their respective Specialty boards without taking USMLE.

IF you are in an ACGME FM program, you will take the ABFP board exam. If you are in AOA FM program, you are not eligible for the ABFP certification, only the ABOFP exam.

It seems it takes about 6 weeks or so to get COMLEX 3 scores back.

jd

COMLEX & USMLE exam series are for licensure. This is complely different from the board certification exam (which, as people above me have already pointed out, is based on whether you're at an AOA or ACGME residency program).