1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

J.C.--O.K.???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by rhinocelot, Dec 26, 1999.

1. rhinocelot

rhinocelot Junior Member

Do you think I will still be a competitive candidate for med. school even though I had all my pre-reqs at a Junior College? I am currently attending a J.C. in Northern California. All of my education so far has been at a J.C. In fact, I will finish all of my pre-reqs for med. school in only one more year. I am accepted to all the U.C.'s that I applied to. I currently have a 4.0 but have "decided" to stay at a J.C. for financial reasons. The science professors at the college I attend are very good. One is a PhD from Stanford, another from Berkeley, and another is a DPM PhD. The quality of education is excellent. Obviously, I will transfer to a four year university after this next year. However, I am concerned with admit boards being a bit prejudiced. I hope when I take the M.C.A.T. my scores will show that I have learned just as much as those who attended a university for all four years. What do you think?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rhillstr

rhillstr Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I took two terms of Gen Chem and two terms of Physics at a J.C. here in Oregon and I was accepted at multiple schools. So I say do well on the MCAT and forget about it ever being an issue! The value of J.C.'s is being discovered and little prejudice remains.

4. Dave

Dave Member
    10+ Year Member

Your mcat scores usually reflect if your grade is over/under inflated. If your grades are overinflated it could be looked at negatively.