Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You wouldn't happen to be one of those people that rolls their eyes and mocks the other people while their talking would you? 🙄
only if they're stupid and i want them to know I think they're stupid..
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You wouldn't happen to be one of those people that rolls their eyes and mocks the other people while their talking would you? 🙄
only if they're stupid and i want them to know I think they're stupid..
You wouldn't happen to be one of those people that rolls their eyes and mocks the other people while their talking would you? 🙄
Yeah...but they can't see you...that's the beauty of a conference call
You wouldn't happen to be one of those people that rolls their eyes and mocks the other people while their talking would you? 🙄

You had better count your lucky stars. My pathophys professor has made my existence in pharmacy school a little easier. He keeps cracking jokes that are actually entertaining, unlike some peopleYES! He called me the clinical god!!!! oh ..she.
You had better count your lucky stars. My pathophys professor has made my existence in pharmacy school a little easier. He keeps cracking jokes that are actually entertaining, unlike so people.
I gotta head back to class.
Doesn't everyone do this??? Don't forget the beauty of the mute button!! (Although my boss said once, "these meetings are a colossal waste of my time." and didn't have himself muted... Oops!)![]()
Your boss is somebody I would roll my eyes at..
I really am entertaining... my 2 year old boy seems to think so..
🙄 LOL!!! So do I, almost daily! But, he's great. He tries to be funny, and sometimes he even succeeds. He tells funny stories, so I think that's why we get along, mostly.
You don't have a son...now you're just making up children.
LOL... You wish! 😛
You wouldn't happen to be one of those people that rolls their eyes and mocks the other people while their talking would you? 🙄
I'm the master of my domain... I can do as I please..
why would I wish?
Which domain?
Which domain?
Because I'm a great employee, that's why! 😀
Maybe one day you can work for me! 😉
So did that press release say you can use this as a SINGLE agent for Pseudomonas? I could see that as a big advantage.
conventional wisdom says dual coverage is desired for pseudomonas..but there are conflicting studies.. not for Doripenem..but generally speaking.
I can't imagine how Dori would be much different than Mero or Imi as far as pseudomona coverage goes. It really depends on your local sensitivity...
So really what's the advantage? It's basically just a new drug that'll be overused until resistance emerges.
why would it be overused if it's not on the formulary..
So did that press release say you can use this as a SINGLE agent for Pseudomonas? I could see that as a big advantage.
Haha I guess that's the key and you'll be keeping it off. Well if it's no different than the others then it really wouldn't need to be added. Either way it's another drug in the arsenal...can't really hurt for it to be waiting in the wings while the others are being used.
Who is using a carbapenem as empiric therapy against Pseudomonas?
Who is using a carbapenem as empiric therapy against Pseudomonas?
Well...CAP Guideline does promote empiric use of Carbapenem in the healthcare related CAP ie Nursing home pts..... don't they?
But would you think Johnson & Johnson: Ortho McNeil investing hundreds of million dollars to just let the drug sit in the arsenal waiting to be used? The miniskirts will get shorter, heels will get taller, reps will get younger and lunches will get tastier.. and the drug will get promoted like there is no tomorrow. And the cost of healthcare at our expense will again rise.
Exactly...so, until then, keep it off. Wear a blind-fold when the girls walk in, and keep your mouth shut when the filet mignon passes by. We'll see if the pseudomonas superiority claims are true clinically...if the MIC #'s are right, it'll be nice for hospital's dealing with resistance issues.
Guidelines recommend a lot of things as viable options I suppose; which is why everyone in my class during third year had our pretend VAP patient on meropenem, gentamicin and linezolid.
Well, both CAP and HAP guidelines have penems on the list... it will depend on each hospital to choose the right agent to put on the list.
Exactly...so, until then, keep it off. Wear a blind-fold when the girls walk in, and keep your mouth shut when the filet mignon passes by. We'll see if the pseudomonas superiority claims are true clinically...if the MIC #'s are right, it'll be nice for hospital's dealing with resistance issues.
Pseudomonas aren't as big of a concern ....
We're concerned with resistant Acinetobacters, Kleb Pneumo..with ESBL..
I'm not big on filet..
Yeah...but they're going to push the pseudomonas angle...that's where the big bucks are.
I hear you're not a big fan of legs either 🙄
who sez?
About the big $...or the legs?
Same person who says I'm a drug rep 😉
You're a drug rep? Can you take me out to an expensive dinner at the ASHP??
Would have to be at Daniel Bouloud's Brasserie at the Wynn...only place I've got connections. And may I recommend the Côte de Boeuf for two...c'est magnifique.
You going?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.