Jaanuu vs. Figs scrubs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GeneralVeers

Socially Distanced
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get some new scrubs, but I have to have fitted ones that are for a skinny/athletic build otherwise they look like maternity clothes.

I have Figs right now which are pretty good as far as fit (certainly better than Grey's Anatomy or other brands). I've heard things about Jaanuu before. I was curious to those who have tried both what the fit differences are between the two.

Members don't see this ad.

Have an extra cheeseburger and milkshake every day so you can wear hospital scrubs like the rest of us.

Reactions: 22 users
+1 For Figs. I love mine. It’s the best brand I’ve ever tried and by far the most comfortable. I’m kind of a gym rat and stocky so I like the fact that they’re fitted but not binding or uncomfortable for my physique. I’m curious about Jaanuu but when I looked at them they appeared too tight. Let us know what you think if you try them out. I’m curious... I’m 100% happy with Figs though.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Have an extra cheeseburger and milkshake every day so you can wear hospital scrubs like the rest of us.
My theory is that hospital scrubs are sized for the average OR nurse (primary customer), so small is designed for a 4'11" 250 lbs female. Medium for 5'1" 350. Large is a medium but with a commiserate bust. All pants are specifically designed for a fupa.

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users
Hi I'm an awesome looking, lean 6'2" guy with big muscles, blue eyes, and every nurse wants to get in my pants. I have 100% compliance rate with patients because I'm so damn good looking. I'm looking for a brand of scrubs that will fit me comfortably. Any suggestions?

Reactions: 10 users
I'm looking to get some new scrubs, but I have to have fitted ones that are for a skinny/athletic build otherwise they look like maternity clothes.

I have Figs right now which are pretty good as far as fit (certainly better than Grey's Anatomy or other brands). I've heard things about Jaanuu before. I was curious to those who have tried both what the fit differences are between the two.
I'm also on the fitter, thinner side. Figs work for me. Pretty form fitting.

Figs.

Now, I'm the only ED physician with fitted scrubs so I get plenty of, um, comments from my beloved ED colleagues.

Meh

TPM

Send pics or this thread is worthless! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 9.08.30 PM.png

Reactions: 1 users
I'll throw out a plug for Activate by Med Couture 4-way energy stretch. Found them at a random scrub store and love them. I'm fairly tall-ish and lean (wear M). Good pockets. Extremely comfortable. Cheaper than figs and aren't as immediately eye catching (in a good way imo).

Med Couture Men's Activate Stretch Athletic Sports Set - 8530/8734 | Murse World

Don't eat me alive but I find Figs kind of pretentious. Maybe its all their ridiculous ads and styles that no healthcare worker could actually wear or maybe its the fact that I only ever see Dermatologists or medical sales people wearing them.

Don't eat me alive but I find Figs kind of pretentious. Maybe its all their ridiculous ads and styles that no healthcare worker could actually wear or maybe its the fact that I only ever see Dermatologists or medical sales people wearing them.

Figs did create and dominate a market that didn’t exist before. You have to hand it to them.

Members don't see this ad :)

Wsit, Veers, are you a woman?

There was a definite demand. Some of us aren't morbidly obese, and don't want to look like schlumpy messes while on shift.

Also, if you're in the southeast, cotton is the worst as it is guaranteed to become a wet hot mess before too long.

Apart from my white coats and socks, I have purged all cotton from my active wardrobe .

Also, if you're in the southeast, cotton is the worst as it is guaranteed to become a wet hot mess before too long.

Apart from my white coats and socks, I have purged all cotton from my active wardrobe .

Why on earth would you wear cotton socks?

Because they're mad thin, super lightweight, and can be trashed without a second thought. I cannot stand thick socks in sneakers. My weird.

Try smartwool ultralight for that fresh all day feeling. From a sock geek. My weird.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't think I've bought a single item of clothing for myself in at least 10 years. My wife pretty much buys all my clothes.

Before this thread, I’d never heard of figs scrubs... some of their scrubs look weird with the elastic at the bottom.

I’m a skinny guy myself but I hate wearing form/tight fitting pants, that’s not comfortable at all. That does seem to be a problem with jaanu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm ... I don't see an embroidery option for Jaanuu. Having my name on the scrub top is how I get away from the requirement to otherwise have my ID above the waist.

Because they're mad thin, super lightweight, and can be trashed without a second thought. I cannot stand thick socks in sneakers. My weird.

You can get things socks made of other materials....

You can get things socks made of other materials....

Yeah, I know.
I bought the socks mentioned above. We'll see if they hold up.
If not, my old strategy was: Buy mad cheap thin sock. Wear for 10 or so washes. Discard.

I don't want to seem adversarial. I hope the new socks are awesome.
But I shred socks fast and hard.
I have awful feet.
I walk hard?
I don't know what I do wrong, but man... if I could change socks twice a shift, I would.

dchristismi knows me. We used to work together.
I used to take the multicolored ACE wraps and wrap myself up from foot to calf every shift.
I'm sure she remembers this.
I remember us frequently being short on wraps for patient care.
I felt bad, but damn - just get more wraps, y'all. They're like 10 cents each.

Last edited:
Hmm ... I don't see an embroidery option for Jaanuu. Having my name on the scrub top is how I get away from the requirement to otherwise have my ID above the waist.
That's allowed? Anywhere I've ever worked, that has been specifically mentioned - either that embroidered wear is not enough, or affirmatively that the ID has to be displayed, regardless of what you are wearing.

How do you get into the building?

I felt bad, but damn - just get more wraps, y'all. They're like 10 cents each.

Those were such crappy wraps that they were maybe 3 cents. If that. And yep, you are weird. Lovable, but weird.

Those were such crappy wraps that they were maybe 3 cents. If that. And yep, you are weird. Lovable, but weird.

They were crappy. That's why I treated them as such.
This thread has me wondering how all you people are so silver-footed.
I wear holes in socks after 5 washes.

That's allowed? Anywhere I've ever worked, that has been specifically mentioned - either that embroidered wear is not enough, or affirmatively that the ID has to be displayed, regardless of what you are wearing.

I've never been anywhere that this has been policed. At my current new job I'm told I have to wear the ill-fitting lab coat with the company logo. I don't.....and about 50% of the other docs don't as well.

As for embroidery on scrubs, I've never wanted it. Sometimes I have to make a quick stop at retail establishment before/after work. It sure helps that the chatty old folks can't see I'm an MD.

I've never been anywhere that this has been policed. At my current new job I'm told I have to wear the ill-fitting lab coat with the company logo. I don't.....and about 50% of the other docs don't as well.

One of the best pieces of advice that I've ever received belongs to you, Veers.

"In general, I just ignore what they have to say and keep on doing what I'm doing."

This is the way to go.

It is written into the code of conduct to which everyone is supposed to adhere, at places I've been. Compliance is much better, now, with people's badges needed to enter various areas or to punch in.

I do this too... I had a local scrub shop embroider my FIGS above the left pocket. I hate wearing my badge. It seems to fall off every few shifts if I start clipping it on my waist band. Plus, it's currently got dog teeth braille all over it so I'm not even sure it's readable. That's what I get for leaving my wallet on the coffee table at eye level with my dog.

Retractable clip to the waist.

Supposed to have identification higher than that – although, I am 6'4", so maybe that's high enough? ;)

I’ll post something unpopular.

I don’t understand the rebellion with wearing badges. I personally like to be able to tell who works at the hospital versus random people walking around. It’s a safety thing when hospitals ask doctors, nurses, cafeteria workers etc to wear a badge.

A lot of embroidery is hard for people to see from a distance. While a person may not be able to read a name on a badge from far, they can identify that it’s something most staff is wearing. Get a clip that hangs on the inside front edge of the collar. Hanging it on your waist is not good because it forces people to look down at your groin instead of up to the upper chest. If your badge gets damaged, replace it.

Reactions: 2 users
Lots of tall bastards in this thread. I feel like Gimli from Lord of the Rings in here. 5'10 on my DL which is totally with me standing in my Hoka's. In my socks, I'm probably 5'9 and some change. Screw you guys. Instagram just started sending me ads for shoe lifts.

UPMC policy is above the waist. I don't know why, but guess that it is so there is no harassment (having to look at someone's groin).

Yes, because looking at the 20-something fresh out of nursing schools chest where her ID badge sits is so much more PC.

I think it's just so patients can see it more easily....

Yes, because looking at the 20-something fresh out of nursing schools chest where her ID badge sits is so much more PC.
If you are staring, people might think you're a creeper (or illiterate). UPMC is all about the lanyard. And you don't have to bend your head down to see the name tag that is well above the waist.

They were crappy. That's why I treated them as such.
This thread has me wondering how all you people are so silver-footed.
I wear holes in socks after 5 washes.

What is wrong with your feet

my socks last me years

You got f*&kin' gremlin feet or something?

Reactions: 4 users
I like my benefit medical scrubs

Tried out the Jaanu scrubs last year, but sent them back. My cell phone wouldn't fit in the front pocket (Galaxy S9) and there was no separate pen pocket. Will stick with the Figs for now