Jaanuu vs. Figs scrubs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I absolutely hate the tight fitting/baseball player style men's pants/scrubs that are in style right now, especially the ones that are cuffed at the end of the pant leg - pain in the @ass to put on. Doesn't matter if you're getting dress pants, track pants, or scrubs, it's all the rage. I wish we could go back to the late 90s when wide leg/bootcut was in. much more comfortable.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I absolutely hate the tight fitting/baseball player style men's pants/scrubs that are in style right now, especially the ones that are cuffed at the end of the pant leg - pain in the @ass to put on. Doesn't matter if you're getting dress pants, track pants, or scrubs, it's all the rage. I wish we could go back to the late 90s when wide leg/bootcut was in. much more comfortable.

But how can one show of one's ass-ets in the 90's clothes?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Jaanuu scrubs look too Instagram-y and they look like they were designed by J-Lo.

I do like Figs although you pay twice as much for them as other brands. Like all scrubs, I think they run big and they are while they don’t run as wide as hospital scrubs they still aren’t designed for the slim. I am 5’9” and 125 pounds and got an XS top and was flashing everyone all day when suturing because the neck was so big. The size S pants started sliding off when I put crap in the pockets. Therefore I realized sizing down is key. In Figs have to wear an XXS top and XS bottom which is ridiculous. Their size chart seems off. BUT! Their fabric is soft and doesn’t wrinkle, and they always seem to look more polished.

I love the Grey’s Anatomy by Barco ones. They are cheaper and tapered for a thinner body. But they don’t hold up nearly as well as Figs - they’ll show their wear and they can look wrinkled.

I like how someone used the word “fupa” in a comment to this post. I like it.

I don’t embroider my scrubs because there’s something pretentious about it. Although it looks sassy I can’t bring myself to do it. I just wear my badge on my hip right at the level of my fupa.

Members don't see this ad :)
FIGS are so awesome, why try anything else? I'll never go back to normal scrubs. I did however go from size medium to large in men's. They seem to design these things for vegan, keto, cayenne pepper-maple syrup-lemonade chugging starvation model types with shoulders and arms of a middle schooler. I'm also not a fan of how tight the mediums were on my ass. @GeneralVeers might want to tempt the nurses for a pinch or two but I just want some breathing room. So, spent a good chunk of money changing over to larges. They fit perfect and don't give me friction rashes in my armpits anymore. Awesome material. @ERCAT, you're missing out with the monogramming. It's all the rage.

FIGS are so awesome, why try anything else? I'll never go back to normal scrubs. I did however go from size medium to large in men's. They seem to design these things for vegan, keto, cayenne pepper-maple syrup-lemonade chugging starvation model types with shoulders and arms of a middle schooler. I'm also not a fan of how tight the mediums were on my ass. @GeneralVeers might want to tempt the nurses for a pinch or two but I just want some breathing room. So, spent a good chunk of money changing over to larges. They fit perfect and don't give me friction rashes in my armpits anymore. Awesome material. @ERCAT, you're missing out with the monogramming. It's all the rage.

We gotta do what we can to get those patient sat scores up!

• Haha
Finally got figs on the thanksgiving sale. With the 30% I didn’t feel as bad buying them. They feel great but agree they are a tight fit so maybe I’ll loose some weight. I refuse to buy a bigger size. Plus I wear my coat always. Material seems to be more dress pant like but soft. Hard to explain. Highly recommended.

jaanuu is just okay, the material is the cottony stiff type. Didn’t feel like it was worth the extra cost.

I have both figs and jaanuu and I like the jaanuu ones much more. For one they’re not all over the hospital like figs are now and secondly they fit the athletic build better. They’re more of a euro fit while figs are more of an American regular fit. I feel like the material is lighter too. The only thing I don’t like about them is my current sets don’t have a zipper fly.