JACC v. Circulation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wolf3D

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently overheard a cards fellow saying that she's going to submit to JACC and then Circulation on reject. My cards groups in undergrad and med school always preferred Circulation, JACC, EHJ and on (after NEJM/JAMA/BMJ hail marys) for potentially high-impact studies. Have things changed in the past 5 years that JACC is now seen as superior? I'm going into rads so this is a foreign world to me now

Members don't see this ad.

JACC nowadays is the highest ranked cardiology journal in terms of impact factor. Just google the rankings

JACC nowadays is the highest ranked cardiology journal in terms of impact factor. Just google the rankings
Yeah I know that. But wasn't Circ always the leader regardless? Does a change in IF really just change people's perceptions of who's the leader?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. Bigger d***s are bigger.

Also, why do you care if you're not in the field?
Curiosity + some. Wanted to do cards for the longest time before my medicine rotation. Also looking at a research career so trying to keep informed how things work in the world.

Thanks for the response. Very interesting

Didn't your one year at a top ten teach you anything?