Jack Westin Daily CARS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted421268

What do you guys think of Jack Westin Daily CARS Passages? They harder than the actual passages I will encounter? Did 3 practice runs of 4 consecutive passages timed together under timed conditions and got

1. 16 out of 22 at 45:58:51

2. 23 out of 24 at 46:58:19

3. 13 out of 22 at 48:14:22

How am I doing?

Members don't see this ad.

Passages are good. Most questions are good, but some are just not the same style as AAMC. It’s not a very good gauge of how you are doing. Have you started CARS q-pack? That’s the best way to gauge how you are doing

Reactions: 1 user
4. 12 out of 23 at 51:27:90

5. 15 out of 23 at 47:26:97

How am I doing thus far? Those attempts are also 4 passages timed in a row under timed conditions.

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you guys think I’m doing?

How far out from the test are you? I went through both CARS q packs 2 times and I was probably at a similar percentage the first time I did it. Are you reviewing each question in depth and trying to find patterns? The AAMC likes to use similar traps. One that I fell for a lot at the beginning was an answer that was correct, but wasn’t the best answer.

How far out from the test are you? I went through both CARS q packs 2 times and I was probably at a similar percentage the first time I did it. Are you reviewing each question in depth and trying to find patterns? The AAMC likes to use similar traps. One that I fell for a lot at the beginning was an answer that was correct, but wasn’t the best answer.

My exam is July 20th and I plan to do one more 5 passage timed like I did today and than do 8 Full Length CARS Section of Altius Exams timed than proceed to full lengths.

6. 13 out 24 at 43:02:45

7. 14 out of 31 at 56:07:61

Attempt 7 was 5 passages timed in a row and 6 was 4 passages in a row timed

4. 12 out of 23 at 51:27:90

5. 15 out of 23 at 47:26:97

How am I doing thus far? Those attempts are also 4 passages timed in a row under timed conditions.

You should be aiming at getting each passage under 10 minutes max. That way, you'll be able to do 9 passages in 90 minutes so I would say just work on timing more, and try to not get sucked into details of the passage. If you don't understand a complicated sentence, move on from it to save time and come back only if a question directly links back to it.

Good to use this resource for practice and getting your timing down, trying different strategies, etc., but I recommend that you fully transition to official AAMC material a couple months leading to the test because I've found Westin's style is not similar to what you'll see on the real deal.
His questions are questionable, passages are OK.