Jack Westin Daily CARS

Started by deleted421268
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted421268

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you guys think of Jack Westin Daily CARS Passages? They harder than the actual passages I will encounter? Did 3 practice runs of 4 consecutive passages timed together under timed conditions and got

1. 16 out of 22 at 45:58:51

2. 23 out of 24 at 46:58:19

3. 13 out of 22 at 48:14:22

How am I doing?
 
Passages are good. Most questions are good, but some are just not the same style as AAMC. It’s not a very good gauge of how you are doing. Have you started CARS q-pack? That’s the best way to gauge how you are doing
 
4. 12 out of 23 at 51:27:90

5. 15 out of 23 at 47:26:97

How am I doing thus far? Those attempts are also 4 passages timed in a row under timed conditions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do you guys think I’m doing?

How far out from the test are you? I went through both CARS q packs 2 times and I was probably at a similar percentage the first time I did it. Are you reviewing each question in depth and trying to find patterns? The AAMC likes to use similar traps. One that I fell for a lot at the beginning was an answer that was correct, but wasn’t the best answer.
 
How far out from the test are you? I went through both CARS q packs 2 times and I was probably at a similar percentage the first time I did it. Are you reviewing each question in depth and trying to find patterns? The AAMC likes to use similar traps. One that I fell for a lot at the beginning was an answer that was correct, but wasn’t the best answer.

My exam is July 20th and I plan to do one more 5 passage timed like I did today and than do 8 Full Length CARS Section of Altius Exams timed than proceed to full lengths.
 
6. 13 out 24 at 43:02:45

7. 14 out of 31 at 56:07:61

Attempt 7 was 5 passages timed in a row and 6 was 4 passages in a row timed
 
4. 12 out of 23 at 51:27:90

5. 15 out of 23 at 47:26:97

How am I doing thus far? Those attempts are also 4 passages timed in a row under timed conditions.

You should be aiming at getting each passage under 10 minutes max. That way, you'll be able to do 9 passages in 90 minutes so I would say just work on timing more, and try to not get sucked into details of the passage. If you don't understand a complicated sentence, move on from it to save time and come back only if a question directly links back to it.
 
Good to use this resource for practice and getting your timing down, trying different strategies, etc., but I recommend that you fully transition to official AAMC material a couple months leading to the test because I've found Westin's style is not similar to what you'll see on the real deal.
His questions are questionable, passages are OK.