Jan 2007 Exam

Started by drem2006
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drem2006

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know about the new format for Part I in Jan? I read that it was going to be comprehensive like Part II. Has anyone heard if it will be harder/easier?
I took Part I a couple years ago and got an 86 average. I'm considering applying to a specialty, which pretty much mandates that I retake it for a higher grade. Just trying to decide whether I should try to take it before they change the format.
Any info would be appreciated.
 
me too wanna take part 1 before jan 2007 coz the exmas will be more difficult , as there will be 400 questions not separated (i mean not divided like anatomy/bioc-phs and dent anat/micro-path) with clinical cases(like case history questions,) good luck🙂
 
http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/natboard/part1.asp

Look under the "overview" section. They are changing the format so that all the questions are mixed up, instead of in sections. This way, you can't fail one section and re-take it. You will fail the whole thing and have to re-take the whole thing.
I've taken it once, I'm not worried about failing it. I'm just not sure if they are changing the questions themselves and if so, if it will be harder to get a good score.