Jan 27th MCAT Verbal Error Remedy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TX_NFS

Steel melanoleuca
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I believe that specific page has been posted already, but I just got another email from AAMC in my inbox regarding the screwed-up passage & resolution.

Dear MCAT Examinee: According to our records, you are one of the examinees from the January 27, 2007 administration of the MCAT who received a set of questions in the Verbal Reasoning section that was preceded by a mismatched reading passage. We will provide you with a valid score for this MCAT exam. In addition, we have prepared a brief letter that you may provide to the institutions that will receive your scores. If you would like to receive a copy of this letter, please email your request to [email protected]. We will send the letter by regular post, so please include the address to which you would like us to mail the letter. Sincerely yours, MCAT Program

babycapybara

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got that email too. Do you think I should ask for the letter to be sent with a 32Q? Or if you have a semi-decent score, is it better not to bother?

smarbut

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got that email too. Do you think I should ask for the letter to be sent with a 32Q? Or if you have a semi-decent score, is it better not to bother?

I think 32Q is good but no matter what I'd take the letter if they offer. I don't see any way for the letter to hurt... They might even say: Wow, a 32Q AND she had a curveball!

I was lucky, no fishbot... so no letter.