Jan 27th MCAT Verbal Error Remedy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monarch Kong

It means King Kong
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, don't know if this has been posted already or not, but apparently AAMC is offering some pretty interesting options to people who took the Jan 27th MCAT and had to deal with the passage/question misalignment.

http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/message.htm

Members don't see this ad.

I believe that specific page has been posted already, but I just got another email from AAMC in my inbox regarding the screwed-up passage & resolution.

Dear MCAT Examinee: According to our records, you are one of the examinees from the January 27, 2007 administration of the MCAT who received a set of questions in the Verbal Reasoning section that was preceded by a mismatched reading passage. We will provide you with a valid score for this MCAT exam. In addition, we have prepared a brief letter that you may provide to the institutions that will receive your scores. If you would like to receive a copy of this letter, please email your request to [email protected]. We will send the letter by regular post, so please include the address to which you would like us to mail the letter. Sincerely yours, MCAT Program

I got that email too. Do you think I should ask for the letter to be sent with a 32Q? Or if you have a semi-decent score, is it better not to bother?

I got that email too. Do you think I should ask for the letter to be sent with a 32Q? Or if you have a semi-decent score, is it better not to bother?

I think 32Q is good but no matter what I'd take the letter if they offer. I don't see any way for the letter to hurt... They might even say: Wow, a 32Q AND she had a curveball!

I was lucky, no fishbot... so no letter.