January compounding exam review 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sunshine0212

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I need some advice,

I failed then compounding exam in January as they gave me a zero on the IV. I think the reason is because I went over on the time. It took me a while to get the 9.6ml out of the vial. Then when I was done I noticed the proctor had stopped the clock at around 11mins 40seconds. ( so I had gone well over on the time ). My only issue is the proctor never warned me when I had a minute left. If I knew I only had a minute left and was at the stage I was I would have asked to restart and lose the 5 marks instead of the full 20.

Does anyone know if it’s a requirement for the proctor to warn you of the time?? Is it worth trying to fight this in my review day? I failed by 8 marks overall so don’t know how else to get those marks back. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Compounding/dosing errors are the leading cause of pt injury and death....You didn't pass, it's okay. Instead of looking for loopholes, practice more and hopefully you pass next time. If it takes you a "while" to get 9.6ml out of a vial, then maybe you need more practice lol. Not trying to be a jerk but keeping it real.