January MCAT Technical Error

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shadowstar

Introvert
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone experience that verbal passage with questions not pertaining to the passage? There were some students who took the computer based test and got a strange verbal passage that didn't correlate to the questions. In any case, I received a letter from AAMC that I could retake the MCAT if I wanted to and chose not to. What a mistake that was...I got my scores and my Verbal score was crap. I *know* it had something to do with the error. I sent in a rescore request last week...I just know it was a mistake on their part but I'm not sure if they'll rescore it in an honest fashion. This really affected my applications to med schools...

Members don't see this ad.

I hate to say it, but I think you're in trouble. When you said that you would take the scores, you accepted whatever screwy way they chose to grade the glitchy verbal section.

I also chose to have it scored anyway...and my verbal section score came out to be pretty much what I expected. You can request a letter from AAMC explaining the situation; which can be submitted to your med schools to supplement your application.

sorry this mcat error happened to me too. was i supposed to request a letter to send to the medical schools myself? i thought amcas was going to do this for us.

Members don't see this ad :)
try to get the aamc to send an official letter to the med schools. if they won't--send the med schools photocopies of whatever documents the aamc has mailed you and a letter explaining the situation.

my friend's princeton review teacher had the messed up verbal section so he ended up answering only 3 of the passages.. somehow he got a 10 or 11.