Jefferson, aaack

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aqua

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am really interested in Jefferson, and was offered an interview a few weeks ago. I couldn't go on the date offered, and they couldn't reschedule me until 3/13. Now I'm really worried that I bumped my interview into the waitlist time period. Any insight re: Jeff would be great--I also wonder about their super-competitive/cutthroat reputation. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't know they were known for a cutthroat environment, if so I didn't sense it. At other schools I've been to, I felt the pressure vibe. I forgot their stat. on residency match, but I think it was below the nat'l avg. Stats can be misleading tho, so... *shrug*

Hard luck, did you get the invite via snail mail or email? I am just wondering cuz I've been complete since August too and haven't heard from them.

THanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it is too late. According to the <a href="http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/grad/dir-med/admis_04099.htm" target="_blank">U.S. News website</a> they issued 450 acceptances to fill 223 spots after interviewing 778 applicants. That means 60 percent of interviewees are granted acceptances and I am sure a lot of those are off of the waitlist. The March 15 deadline is the suggested date by which AAMC asks that Jefferson has issued a minimum of 223 acceptances. They still have more than 200 to issue after that to fill the class.

They only interview one day each week and I know they are at least interviewing into April as my interview is not until April 3 (to coordinate with the MCP-HU interview).

I also thought it was kind of weird that they send you an e-mail and tell you to print it out, sign it, and fax it back. I guess they really want your signature. They followed up my e-mail interview invitation with one by regular mail with a postage-paid reply card in it.

By the way, you can edit your previous posts by clicking the little icon with a pencil and paper so that you can correct any goofs.

Good luck at your interview...