Jefferson alternate list vs waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

parrotlet

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused:
What is the difference between the alternate list and waitlist at Jefferson?

Any advice on how to move into the accepted category?

Members don't see this ad.

hmm...i'm not sure...they told me that i was on the "high priority wait-list"

I would suggest staying on the waitlist and maybe even write a few emails to Dr. Callahan expressing your desire to attend Jefferson. Jeff has a large class, and I assume a pretty significant waitlist movement once May 15th rolls around. But yeah, just be persistent and reiterate with sincerity how much you liked the school and how much you would like to attend it. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the difference between the alternate list and waitlist at Jefferson?

Any advice on how to move into the accepted category?

I've never heard of an "alternate list" at Jefferson. Just the regular waitlist and the "high priority" waitlist. Obviously, being on the high priority waitlist gives one a better shot, but still no guarantees. There were people on the high priority waitlist who didn't get in last year.

In terms of what to do to improve your chances, I agree with the above poster. Jefferson likes to hear that you have a strong interest in attending. Frequent emails to Dr. Callahan are the order of the day. To the extent that you can provide any updates (grades, ECs, publications, etc,), send them in.

I heard of one person last year who emailed Callahan and asked if he could speak with her about his application. She agreed to do so, but the conversation never took place for reasons I can't recall. You may want to consider that. Can't beat having an opportunity to make your sales pitch directly to the Dean of Admissions.

Good luck!

Edit: The request was to speak with Callahan on the phone, not in person. Not a second interview.

Reactions: 1 user
By the way, were you notified you were on the "alternate list?" I'm curious what that is.

It is the same exact thing as a wait list.

That's what I thought. I guess "alternate list" is the regular (as opposed to "high priority") waitlist.