• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

parrotlet

10+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2007
Status (Visible)
:confused:
What is the difference between the alternate list and waitlist at Jefferson?

Any advice on how to move into the accepted category?

njdmb820

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
hmm...i'm not sure...they told me that i was on the "high priority wait-list"

Jbw

10+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I would suggest staying on the waitlist and maybe even write a few emails to Dr. Callahan expressing your desire to attend Jefferson. Jeff has a large class, and I assume a pretty significant waitlist movement once May 15th rolls around. But yeah, just be persistent and reiterate with sincerity how much you liked the school and how much you would like to attend it. Good luck!

About the Ads

koennen

Lend Me An Ear
10+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Status (Visible)
What is the difference between the alternate list and waitlist at Jefferson?

Any advice on how to move into the accepted category?

I've never heard of an "alternate list" at Jefferson. Just the regular waitlist and the "high priority" waitlist. Obviously, being on the high priority waitlist gives one a better shot, but still no guarantees. There were people on the high priority waitlist who didn't get in last year.

In terms of what to do to improve your chances, I agree with the above poster. Jefferson likes to hear that you have a strong interest in attending. Frequent emails to Dr. Callahan are the order of the day. To the extent that you can provide any updates (grades, ECs, publications, etc,), send them in.

I heard of one person last year who emailed Callahan and asked if he could speak with her about his application. She agreed to do so, but the conversation never took place for reasons I can't recall. You may want to consider that. Can't beat having an opportunity to make your sales pitch directly to the Dean of Admissions.

Good luck!

Edit: The request was to speak with Callahan on the phone, not in person. Not a second interview.

greg1184

10+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
It is the same exact thing as a wait list.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.