Jefferson and Delaware residents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pembleton

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does any one know how many Delaware residents Jefferson accepts?

For those who don't know: being that Delaware has no med school Jefferson accepts a certain number of Delaware residents to their school.

Members don't see this ad.

i think it's 20 DIMER spots?

mellantro said:
i think it's 20 DIMER spots?

Hey thanks.

I just moved to Delaware. Is this DIMER organization something I would need to register at?

EDIT: Never mind, I did a google and found out all I need to know about it. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, a big 20 spots. These spots are still plenty competitive, as they're shared with the state resident med scholars (the ugrad+med school program there) at UDel. As far as I know, you are not eligable for in-state tuition unless you do Delaware's payback program where you come back to the state and practice primary care.

Neuronix said:
Yep, a big 20 spots. These spots are still plenty competitive, as they're shared with the state resident med scholars (the ugrad+med school program there) at UDel. As far as I know, you are not eligable for in-state tuition unless you do Delaware's payback program where you come back to the state and practice primary care.

Oh, thanks Neuronix, you present to me another wrinkle...

I'm a non-traditional student whose been in Delaware for under a year (9 months).

A few questions for ya:
1. In state tuition at Jeff? I thought it was a private institution? Do Delaware residents get an "in-state" tuition?
2. As a non-trad, I guess my chances are slim to be considered part of the DIMER program if the preference is for undergrads, right?

Pembleton said:
1. In state tuition at Jeff? I thought it was a private institution? Do Delaware residents get an "in-state" tuition?

Nope, we don't get a tuition break anywhere. Most states have either a state med school or an agreement with a neighboring state to lower tuition for its residents, but not backwards ol' Delaware.

2. As a non-trad, I guess my chances are slim to be considered part of the DIMER program if the preference is for undergrads, right?

I'm honestly not sure how long you need to be a resident to be considered under DIMER. Just know that it is still plenty competitive, even if you are considered a Delaware resident, and be prepared to apply widely anyways.