1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Jefferson and Delaware residents

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Pembleton, May 3, 2004.

1. Pembleton

Pembleton Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi,

Does any one know how many Delaware residents Jefferson accepts?

For those who don't know: being that Delaware has no med school Jefferson accepts a certain number of Delaware residents to their school.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mellantro

mellantro Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i think it's 20 DIMER spots?

4. Pembleton

Pembleton Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey thanks.

I just moved to Delaware. Is this DIMER organization something I would need to register at?

EDIT: Never mind, I did a google and found out all I need to know about it. Thanks.

5. Neuronix

Neuronix Total nerd
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Yep, a big 20 spots. These spots are still plenty competitive, as they're shared with the state resident med scholars (the ugrad+med school program there) at UDel. As far as I know, you are not eligable for in-state tuition unless you do Delaware's payback program where you come back to the state and practice primary care.

6. Pembleton

Pembleton Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Oh, thanks Neuronix, you present to me another wrinkle...

I'm a non-traditional student whose been in Delaware for under a year (9 months).

A few questions for ya:
    1. In state tuition at Jeff? I thought it was a private institution? Do Delaware residents get an "in-state" tuition?
    2. As a non-trad, I guess my chances are slim to be considered part of the DIMER program if the preference is for undergrads, right?

7. Neuronix

Neuronix Total nerd
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Nope, we don't get a tuition break anywhere. Most states have either a state med school or an agreement with a neighboring state to lower tuition for its residents, but not backwards ol' Delaware.

I'm honestly not sure how long you need to be a resident to be considered under DIMER. Just know that it is still plenty competitive, even if you are considered a Delaware resident, and be prepared to apply widely anyways.