Jefferson High Priority Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

faerichilde

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am so confused. According to the letter I recieved from Jefferson after my interview, I am on the High Priority alternate list. I just called the admissions office because I was curious about things like what percentage of people generally get accepted off the high priority list and such. But she said that it's just an alternate list, and it's not ranked or anything, which made it seem like there really is just one waitlist, so now I'm perplexed. Does anyone know more about this list?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on it too. My take is that they don't rank it so they can take people off it who are similar to whoever withdraws from the class i.e. nontrad, URM, artist, whatever. Their explanatory letter was not very informative.

Thanks, that wasn't quite what I was asking though. The part that I'm confused about is the woman that I spoke to made it sound like there is no separate high priority wait list, just one wait list, which I'm not sure about.

Members don't see this ad :)
OK, I just called, and you're right it's not a separate list and it's not ranked. The guy I spoke with said that all expressions of interest (calls, emails, letters, etc.) are noted in your file. From that I gathered that the more you let them know of your interest, the more likely it is you'll be pulled off the waitlist.

I have a good friend who is at Jeff - and I also have heard that what SMW has posted is good advice.... Jeff does keep track of all E-mails, calls, letters, etc. from prospective students and I've been told it makes a difference if you're interested, to show it positively through these methods. Be assertive, but not aggressive or annoying, would be my advice if you really want to go to Jeff.