Jefferson interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

warpath

Officer Cadet
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just got an interview invite to Jefferson Medical College. Has anyone interviewed here yet? Any tips on the actual interview and places to stay, and other stuff will be appreciated. Thanks.

And oh, I have my first interview (WashU) on Friday. You guys, wish me luck. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there! Well, I haven't interviewed there yet, but I will be there next week (my interview is on the 16th). Just a tip: go to <a href="http://www.orbitz.com" target="_blank">www.orbitz.com</a> and check for flights there. I got a roundtrip ticked for $136 including taxes and then I used pricline.com and am staying at the Sheraton for $55 per night. Hope that helps. Good luck! By the way...when is your interview?

Originally posted by gmendese:
•Hey there! Well, I haven't interviewed there yet, but I will be there next week (my interview is on the 16th). Just a tip: go to <a href="http://www.orbitz.com" target="_blank">www.orbitz.com</a> and check for flights there. I got a roundtrip ticked for $136 including taxes and then I used pricline.com and am staying at the Sheraton for $55 per night. Hope that helps. Good luck! By the way...when is your interview?•••

It's on Feb. 6. Unlike Wash U, they don't give you any options.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats and good luck on your interviews.

The Jefferson interview is very relaxed and fun. I could't find a cheap ticket to Philly unfortunately, although others have had better luck. I did find a very cheap hotel though. Use Priceline. I got one for around $40 but it was a NICE hotel. They even gave me stuff I forgot. Had to take a cab to the interview (~1 mile, if I hadn't been in a suit I could have easily walked) but it was only $3.

PS They will send you names of student hosts. I think a lot of people do this too, which is cheaper and gives you an opportunity to get to know the students better.

i stayed with a student host. it was super cheap, especially if you already have to shell out $$$ for travel expenses. on my day, there were about 25 interviewees, though this may change depending as the interview season progresses. you have one student interview. they grade you on a 100 point scale and write comments about how you would be as a fellow classmate of theirs. it is really relaxing and they try not to ask you about academic stuff, just personal things like what you do in your free time...it is closed file....
the other interview is usually with a dean or faculty member and is also super relaxed. it is open-file.
the day is really short, only about 11-3, with an optional student gathering at the end. i liked the school and philly...GOOD LUCK!

p.s. their response time is quick, so you should hear about a decision about a week after your interview.

Hi, I tried orbitz but it doesn't seem to work for flights departing outside the US. Does anybody know any site that includes flights from Canada (I'm leaving from Toronto). Thanks.