jefferson secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On your status check (anyone) does anyone have everything complete, but hasn't gotten a confirmation email?

thanks in advnace!

Members don't see this ad.

so ive been holding onto my jeff app b/c of the essay - if i had only read this thread sooner!! i spent all of this time working on a 2000 character essay to be told by the admissions office that it can only be 500 and that its mainly if you have something to explain and that they were going to be fixing it shortly..... so ok, i go onto their website to give them another $100, and the damn 'apply online' button has dissapeared!!!!!

i swear. its just like darwin said. survival of the fittest. if i go crazy during this application process..... well, thats 1 less person! haha

Ames980 said:
so ive been holding onto my jeff app b/c of the essay - if i had only read this thread sooner!! i spent all of this time working on a 2000 character essay to be told by the admissions office that it can only be 500 and that its mainly if you have something to explain and that they were going to be fixing it shortly..... so ok, i go onto their website to give them another $100, and the damn 'apply online' button has dissapeared!!!!!

i swear. its just like darwin said. survival of the fittest. if i go crazy during this application process..... well, thats 1 less person! haha

dood I can't even find the apply now button anymore. what happened?

Members don't see this ad :)
Freakingzooming said:
dood I can't even find the apply now button anymore. what happened?

so the 'apply online' button is back up, but it still has the 2000 character limit on the essay. should i take the advice of the admissions woman i spoke to on the phone and not do an essay, as i dont have much to explain, or should i put in the 2000 char. essay ive spent like 2 days on??

Ames980 said:
so the 'apply online' button is back up, but it still has the 2000 character limit on the essay. should i take the advice of the admissions woman i spoke to on the phone and not do an essay, as i dont have much to explain, or should i put in the 2000 char. essay ive spent like 2 days on??

So I turned my essay in, don't know how many character it was but it said it submitted. Does anyone know how we're supposed to pay for this? I'm going to call tomorrow.

I am done with MCAT and I got paid, so I can start working on secondaries now. :thumbup: I'm doing them in the order received, so Jefferson is first. I've heard noise about a deadline, but I can't find anything about in the e-mail they sent me or on their website. Is there actually a deadline for the secondary, other than the January one? I received the e-mail from them 7/27/04 and will be trying to do the online application tonight or tomorrow.

Mistress S said:
I am done with MCAT and I got paid, so I can start working on secondaries now. :thumbup: I'm doing them in the order received, so Jefferson is first. I've heard noise about a deadline, but I can't find anything about in the e-mail they sent me or on their website. Is there actually a deadline for the secondary, other than the January one? I received the e-mail from them 7/27/04 and will be trying to do the online application tonight or tomorrow.

if you look at the paper application, it states they want it back in about 2 weeks -- i called the school b/c i was having problems with something else and asked about that at the same time as its not mentioned in the email/on the web site/any where else. the woman said that it was just a 'guideline' to try and get people to get them in as soon as possible, but not to worry if its later than that - they arent going to close your file or anything. you might want to give them a ring though to let them know its coming

calstudent said:
On your status check (anyone) does anyone have everything complete, but hasn't gotten a confirmation email?

thanks in advnace!

On the status page section, they list that my files are complete. I did not hear anything from them at all though. They must assume we check on their web.

I had problem completing the secondary on-line. I printed one out with PDF. Printed one doesn't have the essay question on them, but I just typed on a paper and sent it to them. I really didn't want to deal with their web problems.

OK so i received my jefferson secondary today and i started filling it out. Turns out, they have my Temporary address filled in for my permanent address! what gives! im moving out of this place in a month, so this wont work!

has anyone experienced this? any ideas on how i can change it?

thanks.

Radio Edit

bump. please help people!!! :p

i can help. try calling them.

damn jefferson is crazy. anyways turned in mine a few days ago...but i got the fee waiver so i didnt have to pay! anyays the essay isnt that bad...i did remember that the character limits drove me nuts. good luck to everyone!

anyone have problems wit hthe carriage return? no matter how i slice or dice it, it wont show up on their application summary...just f*ck it i guess, huh?

Good god, I just spend hours writing an essay... and it turns out they don't even really want it? Is the 2000 character limit still there or is it down to 500 now? Oh, and if we're not supposed to cut and paste into the screen, how are we supposed to know where we're at with the limit? It's not like AMCAS where they have a little counter on the screen. Does the limit include spaces, returns, or what?

Sorry, but I have to rant here... Why the **** does the app let you keep writing if it's not going to let you submit in the end and you have to type the damn thing ever? Why, when you login again, does it not save anything you wrote so you have to type the whole thing over again?

They couldn't get somebody do write a program that's more user friendly??!!

Sweet Jeezus!!!