U

uvapremed

So I had a quick question about the Jefferson Secondary. There's a little section titled "Additional Information", and I was wondering if I should put anything there. It's a section thats about 6 lines long. Should I put why I am interested in Jefferson/why it's a good fit for me or is that section for something else like academic probation explanations, time off, etc.?

For those wondering, I did not get an email from them. I've just been checking SDN and saw that it is available off their website.

Erina

MS-IV
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I just put a couple sentences about a specific reason why I was interested in Jefferson. But I don't think that section is necessary unless you really have something to say.

About the Ads

Robizzle

1K Member
10+ Year Member
May 28, 2006
Boston & NYC
Status
Medical Student
uvapremed said:
So I had a quick question about the Jefferson Secondary. There's a little section titled "Additional Information", and I was wondering if I should put anything there. It's a section thats about 6 lines long. Should I put why I am interested in Jefferson/why it's a good fit for me or is that section for something else like academic probation explanations, time off, etc.?

For those wondering, I did not get an email from them. I've just been checking SDN and saw that it is available off their website.
jefferson has sent out e-mails so i'm sure you'll be getting one soon.

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
I think they phrased it as wanting to know if you wanted to supply Jefferson with any other information. Given that they didn't have an essay, I think it's fair game to jot down a few "why Jefferson" lines.

Astrithir

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2006
Status
notdeadyet said:
I think they phrased it as wanting to know if you wanted to supply Jefferson with any other information. Given that they didn't have an essay, I think it's fair game to jot down a few "why Jefferson" lines.
I figured that, if they really wanted to know why I applied to Jefferson, then they would have asked for it. So I just left the area blank.

TMP-SMX

Moderator Emeritus
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
The essay is a max of 500 characters with spaces. So go from there.

And all of those optional essays just say whatever you want. Why Jefferson is a good place to start. Or any changes since you submitted your AMCAS.

Robizzle

1K Member
10+ Year Member
May 28, 2006
Boston & NYC
Status
Medical Student
laurenem said:
anyone else have an opinion? should you just put something down if you have a new development? or do you think you should talk about the school? or do you think it just annoys adcoms who have to read it (unless you have a new development)?
i left that bad boy blank. :thumbup:

TMP-SMX

Moderator Emeritus
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
laurenem said:
thanks, I actually came to the same decision. I talked to a friend of mine who got into jefferson last year and she left it blank. I figured that I have nothing new to tell them so why make them read more stuff than they have to.
Jefferson likes to know that you like them. Therefore if you like them they like you...

maestro1625

10+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2006
Status
Medical Student
The whole thing is probably shorter than the Medical College of Wisconsin secondary. And the online version rather poorly thrown together (hence my thread on the SAT ACT scores). I think Im going to add a few sentences about why I applied, since I did at least have a good reason --a family member of mine recently graduated from there -- and it was the only school in the East that I actually applied to, so it isnt like I simply applied there at random.

TCIrish03

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 14, 2006
Status
Non-Student
A different question about their secondary (and somewhat stupid), if I applied last year (to enter this year), should I enter "2005" or "2006" in the box?

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Does anyone know the prereq requirements for Jefferson? I meant to jot them down for each school I'm applying to but have already submitted and I can't view my application again.

If there's a place that lists them specifically on Jefferson's website, I'd love to see it, but can't find it. And it ain't for lack of looking...

maestro1625

10+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2006
Status
Medical Student
notdeadyet said:
Does anyone know the prereq requirements for Jefferson? I meant to jot them down for each school I'm applying to but have already submitted and I can't view my application again.

If there's a place that lists them specifically on Jefferson's website, I'd love to see it, but can't find it. And it ain't for lack of looking...
princetonreview.com should have the requirements for most schools... at least that's where I go for quick reference.

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
maestro1625 said:
princetonreview.com should have the requirements for most schools... at least that's where I go for quick reference.
I'd be real careful about using them. I've seen a good number of discrepencies between what they stated and what the med schools provide. I don't know if this is because med schools changed their info for 2007, but I noted a few that were deal killers.

Kuba

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
NYC
Status
Attending Physician
Jefferson is quick in processing. I submitted last night and as of 10am this morning my file is complete including LORs. Impressive that they processed that quickly.

C.P. Jones

Catface Majigger
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2005
Status
laurenem said:
I would say "for entry in 2006", just to make sure that you're clear
i tried to write more, you can only enter one year...unless it just acted up on me when typing. i applied for entry in 2005, so i wrote 2005 especially since that is the year that AMCAS is although it's really 2004

About the Ads