SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

jefferson secondary

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by RockyJr, Jul 26, 2002.

1. RockyJr

RockyJr New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    what on earth do i put for the Tomas Jefferson secondary that says: use this space to tell us anything else about you.
    what is that? i already did that for amcas, any suggestions?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. physicsMD

physicsMD Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 15, 2002
    I think that space is for any additional info you want to put down for them to consider in your application. They don't have any essays so you could use it as an opportunity to expand on stuff you wrote in your personal statement, talk about a bad semester, or talk about publications, other EC's, leadership roles, whatever.

4. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen 10+ Year Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Hospital
    It's a whole new PS for you to write. just when you thought your 1st essay was hard, now comes the real hard part!

5. Bikini Princess

Bikini Princess 7+ Year Member

May 26, 2002
    I think they are interested in knowing about non-academic things, just to bring up at the interview.

6. abs39

abs39 Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Philadelphia, PA
    Any idea why there is a space for extra comments on the online application, but not the one that you print out and send? It seems to me that they want you to use that space to explain if you can't get the proper letters of recommendation, or some other problem (they tell you to attach a letter in the printable application). I'm not really sure though. What does everyone else think?

7. calbears84

calbears84 professional baller 7+ Year Member

Sep 16, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    you can also use the space to explain why you fit into the school.
    just a little something i found:
    1. jmc has a very strong clinical program. it has a unique philoshpy that allows students to participate in the diagnosis and care of patients
    2. more than 90% of the students participate in the Jeff HOPE program, which is a shelter clinic and health care project created, managed and run by stuents to provide for the homeless and medically underserved individuals
    3. A unique Jeff MOMS program pairs students with mothers-to-be to follow during the prenatal, labor and postnatal experience.