jefferson university pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

think

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi
i was just looking at the pharmcas schools and Jefferson is starting a pharmacy program? did any one else notice and is anyone gona apply there?

they have no status yet but from what i read on their site i think they will get it ... cause they sound very positive ...what do u guys think?:)

Members don't see this ad.

well....anyone can sound positive, so look beyond the words.

They have an accredited medical school and a host of other programs, so the chances of another HICP debacle (which was a standalone program) might be slim.

Since my stats aren't the greatest, I will probably just add this school to my PharmCAS list and see what happens.

The nice thing about this school is that it is well established in other areas. Most importantly, it is located in Philadelphia, where I currently live. Though it was discouraging to see that they require Anatomy and Physio as one of their prereq! Not many schools has that and it surprised me since I didn't take it during my undergrad years.

Members don't see this ad :)
i said "positive" to mean that they have a medical school and a hospital..they got things going good for them ...they are not going to be a scam or anythin like some other school i read abt here...

and they will try their best to get things going good for the pharmacy so they can keep their good reputation...right?

my stats arnt bad but its kinda close to me and i dont wanna move away very far ...soo its going on my list too....:)

haha, totally opposite for me. I wanna stay here in Calif. but if I have to go far then I'll do it. I'm taking anatomy this fall...a few schools I'm applying to require it.

I saw that recently too but they arent accredited. I spoke with a coworker of mine who sits on one the college boards for a pharm school in philly, basically its better to wait and see how it fairs out. I wouldnt wanna pay they money for a school that would have a horrible passing rate , or wasnt fully acredited.

More essays to write again as a part of supplemental application for this school...

"Describe your recent involvement in an extracurricular or community service activity and discuss how your participation has influenced your personal development and social awareness."

Nothing to do with pharmacy! Should I write anything about the field of pharmacy in here.

:( Writings more essay takes my time away from preparing PCAT.. Well .. I hope writing all these essays will help me with the writing sections on PCAT this August/October

I saw that recently too but they arent accredited. I spoke with a coworker of mine who sits on one the college boards for a pharm school in philly, basically its better to wait and see how it fairs out. I wouldnt wanna pay they money for a school that would have a horrible passing rate , or wasnt fully acredited.

Yeah it was a wait and see for UH Hilo as well, but they got it. Essentially, the only money you'd waste initially is the extra school on PharmCAS, and maybe an hour or two writing an extra essay. If you're stats aren't great (like mine), it's a good investment. However, I wouldn't dream of setting foot on that campus or turning in any more money until it hits pre-candidate stage.

and maybe an hour or two writing an extra essay.

It takes me more than an hours or two though for me to write an essay without any grammatical errors and also I have to spend some time to go to writing lab for proofreading..:) coz I am a non-native speaker... I guess I'll use it as writing excercise...

Unfortunately, I won't know my stat until I take my PCAT in August..:) I am kind of stressed now..haha.. working full time and preparing for the test.. As good as it gets .. I guess..

okay okay...maybe 1-2 hours if I'm fully focused and rushing to meet a deadline. Knowing me, I'd probably spend 5-6 while doing other things and what not.

RNtoPharmD, just curious what your first language is?

okay okay...maybe 1-2 hours if I'm fully focused and rushing to meet a deadline. Knowing me, I'd probably spend 5-6 while doing other things and what not.

RNtoPharmD, just curious what your first language is?

.. writing essays is time consuming. I try to refrain from applying to more school that require more writing.. would rather just pay the money.

One of the languages from South East Asia.. :) Sorry .. can't be too specific... I'm afraid my coworkers and friends who might be reading the posts may know my identity... :) It's because there are not a lot of us in nursing or in USA

hey everybody:

just wondering how's the application process coming along? anybody heard back from Jefferson yet regarding interviews or anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
haha i am! still waiting over here

did u get any correspondence from the school? my pharmcas was submitted awhile ago...and im about to finish my supplemental..but never received anything yet :p

haven't finished supplemental yet...hell i take the pcat in october, i don't even think they'll look at my app until that's in. so yeah...just trying to relax, you should too :love:

haven't finished supplemental yet...hell i take the pcat in october, i don't even think they'll look at my app until that's in. so yeah...just trying to relax, you should too :love:

haha :laugh:

im just getting all mixed up from all diff schools im applying to. Some school its still really early in the application cycle (they havent even began to look at anything)..some school already interviewed ppl and admitted a bunch of them and my supplemental is STILL being shipped as we speak *sobs*....

so out of curiousity..why Jefferson? for me its b/c of the whole 'new school' thing...how bout u?

so out of curiousity..why Jefferson? for me its b/c of the whole 'new school' thing...how bout u?

haha same reason...it'd be fun to be the "first graduating class"

and mmm philly cheesesteaks!

well i would have loved to b done with my application..but i got my pcat scores back for august and i totally f****d up.... therefore my application is sitting here till i take the October one and pray to get a decent scores...i was leaning towards temple more but now im thinking i got no chance except these new schools....:( ( i didnt wanna take the 2 anatomy physiology Jefferson requires but i guess i will have to now)
im just afraid they wont get their status and my life will be screwed arnt u guys worried abt that?..they dont even have precandidate yet:(

another thing...
it says they require physics thats algebra based...i took calc based...anyone else did the same thingg...what the deal do i have to take algebra based again?????
i would think calc based should b weighted more than algebra based

well you have til summer 08 to finish prereq's...i already too physiology + lab (7 qtr units) and am currently taking anatomy + lab (5 sem units), i think that's ok. they just recently updated their site.

another thing...
it says they require physics thats algebra based...i took calc based...anyone else did the same thingg...what the deal do i have to take algebra based again?????
i would think calc based should b weighted more than algebra based

heyhey

ya i am a little worried about the candidate status.. but i think like most applicants this school'd be a back-up choice type of deal... at least it doesnt sound as fishy as some of the new schools opening.

on the other hand..i took algebra-based physics and calc-based is an even more advanced level! so im sure its fine but doublecheck w/ them.

im still waiting for my PCAT mark to come back from aug :mad: i have a bad feeling about it tho.

heyhey

ya i am a little worried about the candidate status.. but i think like most applicants this school'd be a back-up choice type of deal... at least it doesnt sound as fishy as some of the new schools opening.

on the other hand..i took algebra-based physics and calc-based is an even more advanced level! so im sure its fine but doublecheck w/ them.

im still waiting for my PCAT mark to come back from aug :mad: i have a bad feeling about it tho.

well i took this school of my list but its back on after i received my PCat for august(sucks!!!) anyways taking the next one to make hopefully a 70% my gpa is pretty good like 3.5 only my pcat is keeping me ...
anyways did u submit already? i didnt im gona do it after the october pcat cause i dont want schools to reject me because of the pcat..

well i took this school of my list but its back on after i received my PCat for august(sucks!!!) anyways taking the next one to make hopefully a 70% my gpa is pretty good like 3.5 only my pcat is keeping me ...
anyways did u submit already? i didnt im gona do it after the october pcat cause i dont want schools to reject me because of the pcat..

hmm i actually have a pretty good pcat mark already from 2006.... i had to retake it b/c this one school im applying to wants a way newer PCAT... so :confused: I submitted quite awhile ago to Jefferson w/ my old, better PCAT. My recent one wasn't as good but still not too bad. And I just submitted my supplemental a few days ago...so we'll see if I hear back from them at all...

got many more schools to track down in the mean time...

pharmcas = 7/27
jefferson supplemental = 10/7

hey Nerv

just wondering...did jefferson get in contact w/ u after u submitted ur stuff? i haven't heard anything back (its only been like two weeks)

u guys,

Last edited:
u guys, honestly, i am loosing all hopes my stats so far are: 47% pcat and 3.5 gpa abt 3.4science

i dont know what to do i am taking the pcaat again in october...
anyways best of luck to all of u guys...:)

ur gpa is pretty good! so if i were u i'd apply to non-pcat requiring schools like the ones in cali

im in an exact opposite situation... im applying to a bunch of pcat-requiring schools b/c my gpa is sucky but my pcat is not too bad! good luck!

humm... no one talked about Jefferson since october!:) Anyone else applying there.

I just applied online today. Anyone else applying. I think they should had the school visit from ACPE already.

well i must say im not pleased w/ this school.. theres no info on tuition or nething on the website!

i applied a loong time ago and never heard back yet. I called and left a message once, and then i did get a call back but i missed it. I never ended up calling them back b/c i was buys w/ other schools.

i will be withdrawing my application from them... as soon as they contact me for an interview or something..anything.

ehhh you shouldn't sweat it...they're a new school so they're probably still a little unorganized.

i applied to UCSD way back in august...i haven't heard a word from them.

I just sent in my supplemental online, they're probably waiting for my PCAT scores. BUT I also sent an email to them and they never got back to me. I got an automated letter via US mail saying they got my PharmCAS app (5 days after mailing date), but that's about it.

I got an automated letter via US mail saying they got my PharmCAS app (5 days after mailing date), but that's about it.

Me. too.. they sent me that letter... Hope my OCT PCAT is not too bad..

when you sent in your supplemental app, did they send you an email confirmation back saying that they have received it? i called their office today, and the lady told me that she is gonna call me back to find out. kinda odd to me that they cant see it right away.

when you sent in your supplemental app, did they send you an email confirmation back saying that they have received it? i called their office today, and the lady told me that she is gonna call me back to find out. kinda odd to me that they cant see it right away.

I never received any sort of e-mail confirmation... this is the 1st sign I got from their school...

yeah i didn't receive an email confirmation at all, in fact they never replied to my first e-mail. I took my PCAT Oct. 2007 and submitted in early october (pharmcas). I turned in my supplemental about a week ago, no confirmation at all.

me neither... no e-mail confirmation for the receipt of supplemental

I received a confirmation letter after 3 weeks or so. Sent in my application late September. Just want to give people a reference. Good luck everyone.

I received a confirmation letter after 3 weeks or so. Sent in my application late September. Just want to give people a reference. Good luck everyone.

If you don't mind I want to apply to jefferson for fall 09 but what were your stats? and please let me know how your interview goes!?

I am from eastern PA but I am currently at Pitt for my bachelor's in bio which I will have next spring and then I really want to move back close to my family and I just like that side of the state better.

I also got an interview in December. Anyone know if this is their first interview sessions or have they already interviewed?

There was an ad in Penn State's newspaper for Jefferson School of Pharmacy. The odd thing is that it said "Enroll Today" instead of "Apply Today." I would have expected them to make you apply and get accepted before you can enroll. The people were really nice when I went on a campus tour.

Hey Guys. I too just received an interview invitation from TJU today as well.

For anyone else who got one, when do you plan on going?

There was an ad in Penn State's newspaper for Jefferson School of Pharmacy. The odd thing is that it said "Enroll Today" instead of "Apply Today." I would have expected them to make you apply and get accepted before you can enroll. The people were really nice when I went on a campus tour.

haha whoops, maybe you missed an asterisk by "enroll." The fine print could have read:

*void where prohibited. may cause baldness. "enroll" is not a guarantee and applicants must apply and be accepted before enrolling. Only students already accepted may enroll today. talk to your doctor if you experience any of these complications.

i got an invitation to Jefferson today.. I turned in my stuff around October?

These are the dates in the email for anybody interested:
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Monday, January 7, 2008
Saturday, January 19, 2008

However, I will be turning down this invitation. One more spot for you guys..

good luck! :)