Jefferson vs Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which school would you pick?

• Jefferson

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • Rush

Votes: 23 46.9%

• Total voters

chicago13

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Jefferson or Rush, which would YOU PIck?

Members don't see this ad.

I think I'm a bit partial to Jefferson. It's such a great school with such great tradition and support for students and alumni. Plus, Center City Philly is so fun and affordable.

I'd have to say Rush! But of course, I'm partial too. To be honest, I know nothing about Jefferson. Rush and Chicago are both great places to be though!
good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah i want to stay in chicago. but ive heard jeff is very good with match lists and overall clinical learning. i think rush is kinda known as a school that doesnt let you do as much with patients (ie. more watching) than schools like UIC. not sure though...im just htinkin about writing a letter of intent at rush to stay here. anyone else have any ideas?

If you want to stay in Chicago, I think you should definitely consider Rush. I had an awesome impression of the school when I interviewed and have only heard great things since. If I end up staying in Chicago, that is where I'll go :)

I think you should go to whichever city you like more: Chicago or Philly!

Originally posted by chicago13
. i think rush is kinda known as a school that doesnt let you do as much with patients (ie. more watching) than schools like UIC. not sure though...

This is not necessarily true from what I know. Of course I don't have the experience yet but I've spoken to quite a few third and fourth year students. The general consensus is that you can do as little or as much as you want in those two years. Many of the students are very excited by the amount of procedures they have been able to perform. As for first and second year...well there are 4 clinics at which you can get hands-on experience....thus far it has been a really wonderful and beneficial experience.