Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Emily

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted at Thomas Jefferson College of Medicine and I would like to hear the opinions of students who are attending this school. I am worried because of some things I have heard about this school (mostly that it is more difficult in the first two years than other medical schools). I was also wondering how students like the traditional curriculum and the grading system. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Basically you will get out of med school what you put into it. At some schools it is required that you do more studying on your own because the faculty and curriculum are a little weak. This is not the case at Jeff as they have an excellent faculty and a demanding curriculum. Nevertheless, they don't teach anything that you shouldn't already be studying, its just that they test on a lot more things than the average school. In other words, they are an elite school that wants to ensure you know all that you need to before they release you upon the world. You can skate by at an average school if you choose, but Jeff will take the guess work out of whether or not you have actually learned what you need.