Jetproppilot

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

militarymd

SDN Angel
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What happened to Jet?

Members don't see this ad.

Surely it's not because of his lyrics in Toughlife's sh-t stirring thread. That would be lame.

Drive-by's are so '90s.

I'm not really sure. Someone here complained about some of the language he used to another moderator and that mod must have put him on hold for a period of time. It wasn't me and I'll attempt to fix it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am the responsible party.

While it isn't fair to jetproppilot to discuss details when he can't respond, in essence the use of profane language, personal attacks or attempts to circumvent the foul language filter by misspelling foul words is a violation of the SDN Terms of Service agreement which every user signs when the register for an account.

Other users have complained that jetproppilot was guilty of the above, and was being "let off the hook" when others have been post-held or banned for the same. After some work, I saw that they were right, and that he had been warned and post-held for the same behavior in the past. I sent him an email and told him of my decision; I have not heard back from him.

It is not fair to the community to have different rules for different users, no matter how popular or prolific that user is. I've learned a few things after 6 years here (and as a Mod at other forums) and differential Moderating tends to rile people up. Most people don't get a second chance when they've been post-held in the past. Them's not my rules, but the rules set up by previous Administration and agreed to by all the current Admins and Moderators.

I also realize that some users don't care if someone uses profanity or some semblance thereof. However, we at SDN have decided on the kind of community we want and have come up with the TOS to guide us toward that goal. It won't please everyone all of the time, but it generally works and that's why we ask users to agree to it when they register. There are very few times when someone is banned outright, without warning - obvious trolls or spammers, are the few cases.

Generally the Administrators stay out of the Mods way, especially in forums which they don't Moderate. However, since my complaints were also that nothing was being done, I felt forced to take action. I do accept that perhaps I made a mistake in not allowing the Moderators of this forum to take action against jetproppilot but do not feel that the action was unwarranted. An SDN TOS violation should be penalized in the same fashion for everyone; we try but oftentimes there is some bias in Moderating, even if we try to be evenhanded.

I have asked the other SDN Administrators to weigh in on whether it was inappropriate to post hold jetproppilot. If they feel I was hasty in doing so, I will eat crow, apologize to him and reinstate his account. If they side with me, then the post-hold will stand.

I hope this clarifies things for the users and anyone who has questions regarding this matter should feel free to PM me.

Kimberli Cox said:
I am the responsible party.

While it isn't fair to jetproppilot to discuss details when he can't respond, in essence the use of profane language, personal attacks or attempts to circumvent the foul language filter by misspelling foul words is a violation of the SDN Terms of Service agreement which every user signs when the register for an account.

Other users have complained that jetproppilot was guilty of the above, and was being "let off the hook" when others have been post-held or banned for the same. After some work, I saw that they were right, and that he had been warned and post-held for the same behavior in the past. I sent him an email and told him of my decision; I have not heard back from him.

It is not fair to the community to have different rules for different users, no matter how popular or prolific that user is. I've learned a few things after 6 years here (and as a Mod at other forums) and differential Moderating tends to rile people up. Most people don't get a second chance when they've been post-held in the past. Them's not my rules, but the rules set up by previous Administration and agreed to by all the current Admins and Moderators.

I also realize that some users don't care if someone uses profanity or some semblance thereof. However, we at SDN have decided on the kind of community we want and have come up with the TOS to guide us toward that goal. It won't please everyone all of the time, but it generally works and that's why we ask users to agree to it when they register. There are very few times when someone is banned outright, without warning - obvious trolls or spammers, are the few cases.

Generally the Administrators stay out of the Mods way, especially in forums which they don't Moderate. However, since my complaints were also that nothing was being done, I felt forced to take action. I do accept that perhaps I made a mistake in not allowing the Moderators of this forum to take action against jetproppilot but do not feel that the action was unwarranted. An SDN TOS violation should be penalized in the same fashion for everyone; we try but oftentimes there is some bias in Moderating, even if we try to be evenhanded.

I have asked the other SDN Administrators to weigh in on whether it was inappropriate to post hold jetproppilot. If they feel I was hasty in doing so, I will eat crow, apologize to him and reinstate his account. If they side with me, then the post-hold will stand.

I hope this clarifies things for the users and anyone who has questions regarding this matter should feel free to PM me.

So lame......

The_Sensei said:
So lame......

I'm sorry if you and other users feel that way. But the SDN TOS is very clear and the Administration is very clear on this matter. What is lame, IMHO, is other users asking me to take jetproppillot off post-hold when others have been banned or post-held for the same, or lesser actions. You and others are allowed to disagree with my actions, but you agreed to the TOS, which covers those actions, when you registered.

This will end my discussion on the matter as I feel I have made myself very clear. I will allow the other Administrators to make the decision about this matter.

Kimberli Cox said:
I'm sorry if you and other users feel that way. But the SDN TOS is very clear and the Administration is very clear on this matter. What is lame, IMHO, is other users asking me to take jetproppillot off post-hold when others have been banned or post-held for the same, or lesser actions. You and others are allowed to disagree with my actions, but you agreed to the TOS, which covers those actions, when you registered.

This will end my discussion on the matter as I feel I have made myself very clear. I will allow the other Administrators to make the decision about this matter.

Allow me to reiterate.......LAME :rolleyes:

Not to piss on you Kim, but I agree. Jet was only quoting perhaps the greatest Doctor of all time. We could all learn from his teachings.

The differences between Jet and others is this...

Jet never personally attacked anyone...he just uses colorful language.....

Whereas many, MANY, MANY others personally attack many others.

Jet has been my favorite person to read and learn from in the whole of SDN. Jet not being able to post is indeed lame.

But Kim's explanation does seem to be logical, and does seem to be fair. I don't want Jet banned (and Jet, I hope you just come back with another screen name like everyone else does if you are banned) but, as Kim said, there are rules to be followed.

Whatever; I hope we get Jet back.

dc

If this is because of the gangsta' drive by stuff in that silly CRNA vs MD thread, then it is indeed lame. Certainly there's more to it than that.

I'm pretty new to this forum, but Jet was one of the people whose posts I most enjoyed reading as they were always to the point and relevant, unless the post itself was a little irrelevant or or inflammatory to begin with.

It's hard to believe that people would complain about something that is obviously a joke. Unless they are ticked b/c he undermined the seriousness of a thread that was a little inflammatory and juvenile to begin with.
:thumbdown:

Kimberli Cox said:
....But the SDN TOS is very clear and the Administration is very clear on this matter......

Uhh, wasn't there a "forum redefinition" a few months back, by SDN admin, following a similar anesthesiologist-CRNA flame war, that was along the lines of THIS IS AN ANESTHESIOLOGY FORUM, NURSES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO POST ?

Why isn't this rule being enforced, and nurse-posters being banned after the fact?

fakin' the funk said:
Uhh, wasn't there a "forum redefinition" a few months back, by SDN admin, following a similar anesthesiologist-CRNA flame war, that was along the lines of THIS IS AN ANESTHESIOLOGY FORUM, NURSES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO POST ?

Why isn't this rule being enforced, and nurse-posters being banned after the fact?

Because hitler lives on... if not in person, then in spirit.

Zeig heil to the mod that locked out jet. You've done the forum a great sevice.

I realize this is a forum designed for intelligent discussion between individuals of like-mindedness. Having said that, most of the cats here in the anesthesia forum are pretty easy going goof-balls, out of work, and enjoy a good laugh. Jets post may have been brash, but it was all in good fun, and no-one was hurt. Furthermore, I think you're being a bit too rigid in tossing around which tos jet violated when posting a lighthearted post.

Members don't see this ad :)
now that jetpropilot is banned, if ya'll need any advice concerning safe anesthesia practice, ways to maximize income and minimize hassles, costs, salary negotiation, tips on placing a central line, finer points in pa catheter interpretation and any other anesthesia or non anesthesia related info Just HOLLA AT ME... thanks

jet is prolly in his yukon king cab denali really fuming right now... but dem are the rules.. kant be cussing up a storm "W" style on SDN.. peace out

I think kimberly did the right thing.. although I feel for the jetster. Cant play favorites, in a public forum. and im sure noyac or any of our moderators would not do anything so she stepped up to the mike with micatin. peace out
thats why she is a surgeon..

redstorm said:
now that jetpropilot is banned, if ya'll need any advice concerning safe anesthesia practice, ways to maximize income and minimize hassles, costs, salary negotiation, tips on placing a central line, finer points in pa catheter interpretation and any other anesthesia or non anesthesia related info Just HOLLA AT ME... thanks

beat.gif

redstorm said:
I think kimberly did the right thing.. although I feel for the jetster. Cant play favorites, in a public forum. and im sure noyac or any of our moderators would not do anything so she stepped up to the mike with micatin. peace out
thats why she is a surgeon..

Your right, I would not have done anything cause I have been on this forum and I understand the issues. If the people with complaints would have come to me we would not be in this position. Now we have someone involved who is trying to help but as most people on this forum feel, is making things worse. You, on the other hand, aren't helping a bit. But I get the impression this is what you want. So what's you beef?
And its not about playing favorites. Its about honoring those that are knowledgable contributers and have proven themselves over and over, unlike yourself. So do you care to tell me how this has helped this forum? Or are you just about making ridiculous comments behind a screenname?

redstorm said:
...thats why she is a surgeon..

Nah, douchebag. That is why she is a b*tch.

christ people

Jet'll be back, good as new.

Somebody was pissed off and this is a public forum so this kind of thing happens. Squeeky wheel so to speak.

I agree with NOYAC in that I wouldn't have put jpp on probation.

I also agree with MMD in that Jet does speak his mind but rarely lashes out. And when he does lash out its usually all what we WISH we could say but don't have the grit to throw out there in fear of PC'ness (just made that word up...).

All will be well as long as the users AVOID ALL CRNA VS MD THREADS. they are absolutely worthless. Just do a search and you'll see all of the mire that they generate.

Now back to my ON CALL rooms,
Vent

It's not just the md/nurse threads....there are some too like d2700 and friends

Kimberli Cox said:

However, the decision should also have an analysis of the value-added of the person being considered for banning. JPP's posts are very informative and helpful, whereas some of the flamers and trolls have little or no productive input beyond their usual CRNA vs. MDA genital measuring posts.

beat.gif
Uh oh, if changing the spelling of some words is in violation of TOS, then I guess the smilies are doomed too.

I think that anesthesia forum rules are pretty clear. This is a forum for physicians and medical students.

Kimberli doesn't usually participate in this forum and was responding to complaints from members that probably don't belong here. I'll run this by Kimberli and I think we'll get it cleared-up quickly.