Jet's Asa Dues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking my ASA dues would serve me better at the Harrah's 2-5 no-limit-hold'em table.

Could've used the extra cash today....hey, why not? My ASA dues arent protecting me. But those extra C-notes sitting on the felt today may have.

BTW, I came home a loser today.

Queen-jack suited. Sitting on the button.

Early player raises. I call, as does one dude ahead of me.

Flop is Queen-five-seven rainbow.

Early guy checks....middle guy, an aggressive player...I've been watching him for a few hours now... goes all in.

I call.

As does Mr. early guy.

Turn is a jack. Great! I've got 2 pair!

I casually look up and glance around the table, expressionless, my eyes hidden behind blue Oakleys, and say those three words that feel so beautiful when you think you're on top:

"I'm all in."

Early guy calls.

River is a ten.

Aggressive guy speaks out:

"I got two pair! Queens and tens!"

My elation peaks.

I flip over my cards. I've got him beat. My 2 pair (Queens and jacks) are better than his.

I'm waiting for the pile of chips to be pushed my way.

Only problem is, early guy is now turning over his hole cards.

He's gotta pair of fives in the hole.

Which gives him a set.

He's got a set of fives.

Took a second for it to sink in.

HOLY S HIT HE'S GOT A SET OF FIVES!

:eek:

Big pile of about fifteen hundred is pushed to the other side of the table.

Nice hand, dude.

I was so busy thinking about Mr Agressive Dude, I didnt sit back and think about why you were still in the hand.

You beat me. Fair and square.

Members don't see this ad.

I would have been "All in" as well.

Oh well, you win some you lose some.

When an early position raiser checks the flop out of position it usually means he's got a monster b/c everyone expects him to bet.

Members don't see this ad :)
When an early position raiser checks the flop out of position it usually means he's got a monster b/c everyone expects him to bet.

Less than 50% of the time your post is correct.

More often than not, the early big-slick, A-Q, A-J, or low-pocket pair raisers miss the flop.

Many inexperienced pre-flop raisers will check the flop when they miss, instead of carrying through with an ardent post flop bet.

You've got less than a one-in-five chance of making a set on the flop with a low pocket pair.

But you're still right.

Beware of the quiet, early raisers.

Less than 50% of the time your post is correct.

More often than not, the early big-slick, A-Q, A-J, or low-pocket pair raisers miss the flop.

Many inexperienced pre-flop raisers will check the flop when they miss, instead of carrying through with an ardent post flop bet.

You've got less than a one-in-five chance of making a set on the flop with a low pocket pair.

But you're still right.

Beware of the quiet, early raisers.

the small pocket pair set is the hardest hand in holdem to pick up on. I have lost many a pot. I guess it depends on how the early raiser played. Was he a tight player? DID he normally make continueation bets if he was the first guy into a pot. IF so a check post flop would of made me wary of a monster. Granted at the 2/5 table there are usually no pros but I would have considered it. DEFINATELY against the aggressive player with top pair and decent kicker I would of called an all in bet. BUT with the third guy calling my radar would have gone off. I guess it would of came down to how he played? donkey/fish or good player. IF I determined he was a donkey I would of gone all in like you did jet. IF he wasent at that point I would of tried to check it down (especially after the turn) and show the cards as cheaply (there is still a good sized pot) as possible hoping at best he would value bet me on the river..... but I would have still lost the hand hard to fold top two pair with so much in the pot.

True but once he calls the AI bet from an aggressive player do you still think he's got overcards that missed the flop?

True but once he calls the AI bet from an aggressive player do you still think he's got overcards that missed the flop?

Nope.

But sure as hell didnt put him on a set......didnt matter, though, cuz aggressive player went all in and I was next to bet since the early guy had checked (read sucked us in)....then I went all in and early dude had me covered. So early guy's call was after my all in. Guess in retrospect after he called, that a set was probable.

I barely had aggressive dude covered...probably $100.oo more than him....so I figured its all in or fold.

Nice comments, some and me.

Jet, I wonder if I've ever played with you at Harrah's. Over the course of the last four years I've spend a $hitton of time there. Wonder if I'd recognize you if I saw you.

And yeah, that hand sucks. Besides folding pre, what can you really do there? And I'm assuming the table conditions/you being on the button there pretty much mandated a call, so... one of those destiny hands. No matter how you play it, you're gonna get stacked.

Jet, I wonder if I've ever played with you at Harrah's. Over the course of the last four years I've spend a $hitton of time there. Wonder if I'd recognize you if I saw you.

And yeah, that hand sucks. Besides folding pre, what can you really do there? And I'm assuming the table conditions/you being on the button there pretty much mandated a call, so... one of those destiny hands. No matter how you play it, you're gonna get stacked.

I've been sporadic over the last cuppla years in there.

Hadnt been in almost 6 months but have been a few times in the last cuppla weeks.

Saw a few rounders I remembered from before....Jason, the nice young guy whose girlfriend is always sitting behind him; some old dude that dresses like a farmer with a dirty baseball cap and beat up gold rings thats allegedly worth more than he can spend; Lionel who I think is the pit boss of Boomtown, and Mike.

Didnt see Hung, the gregarious-always-dressed-like-a-rokkstar rounder.