Jets New Avatar

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thats Billy, my precious 1 year old sitting in the left seat, a.k.a. the office of my good buddy Mark, of a Citation 650.

Mark started Billy's type rating by showing him where the beacon switch was.

My eighteen month old knows where the beacon switch is on a C-650!

he's makin' the old man proud already!

Mark thought it prudent to save STAR procedures in the 650 for a later date.
 
I was just curious. At what age did you learn to fly and how long does it take to get a license? Its been an interest of mine to learn.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a private pilots license. It took me about a semester to get it. You have to sign up for a private pilot ground course and acumalate about 50 or so hours of flight time. I accumalated all of my time on a cessna 172. It's a lot of fun and I definately recommend it.